cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

hollybug

Youth Quitters

I started smoking at 14, got prego at 15, quit for eight months then went right back to smoking. I had two more kids..smoked with them and have not stopped since. I have read that more and more teens are not picking up the cig like they were when I was a teen. That may be one good thing...lol
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
31 Replies
rhi3

How do I join this group? I need someone, something, anything!!!!

0 Kudos
rhi3

🙂 Nvm, a little patience and I got it.

0 Kudos
elenor16

Ugh. i really need a smoke!!!!!! I have so many tests today.... and i have money for smokes too... =( bad days

0 Kudos
portwoodjm2

Ok so i'm getting out of the military soon but i need to quit before that.  I need to save money and just get in better shape.  I really can feel it when we go on runs and stuff.

0 Kudos
sarah108

Hello everyone, I'm new to the "group" and just wanted to say that I've quit smoking twice already and I'm "trying" again.  I am determined and ready to quit for good this time.

0 Kudos
r.devine

Hello 🙂 I am new to the group. I am giving quitting one last go and it WILL work this time! I am going to make it work this time! I am tired of letting cigarettes run my life! I am in charge of my life now!

0 Kudos
tudorrose_77

Yeah, I had my first cig when I was 13 years old (I thought it was the cool thing to do, I was extremely mistaken). I'm now 33 and I regret the day I ever gave into peer pressure. I quit for a year when I was 21 and went back for young foolish reasons and I REALLY regret that as well...I have wheezing now because of it and I can no longer run like I use to. It became an addiction that took total control of my life...and I did it to myself. I get disgusted by my actions when I think of them, but then I remind myself that no one is perfect....we all make mistakes (this is one of mine), but we can change things, we can turn them around for the better, which is what I decided to do. On the 27th of this month I threw my addiction out the window and truly I am at a point in my life where I do not want to go back. I enjoy the act of smoking (I'm not even going to lie), but no longer enjoy how it makes me feel. It will only get worse and I know that too, which is something I have been reminding myself everytime I get those cravings.

this road is a hard one to travel but will be more than worth it in the end.

Your young...walk away from this now. Trust me from experience it will only get worse and with everyday you continue you cause more and more damage to your body. I wish I would have had such insight all those years ago. I'd be so much better off for it.

Best of Luck to you.

0 Kudos
zached1

I started when i was 16 and im quitting now at the age of 20

0 Kudos
tondelayah

I undestand completely how u feel, and im so glad to know im not the only one. I started when i was 14 and now im 18 and ready to give it all up, and no one takes me seriously because of my age.

0 Kudos
luisdeleon619

First day  quitting smoking 

I decide  quit smoking  this year  because of my heath I was  spending lot money 

I started quitting smoking on January   22,Tuesday 2013  at 1:45P.M afternoon  was  last cigarette I receive my step 1 of  nicotine patches 28 days 1 first day was rough without touching any kind cigarette product I woke around  4:42 am  morning  I was having a rough  morning.  it's been 17 hours without no cigarettes.

Been 7 days without nicotine patch been 59 days without cigarettes. Beautiful outside today Friday 22 13 1:44pm doing ok . 

0 Kudos