cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

val_b

You can do this---take the money you save and start enjoying life as a nonsmoker, It's GREAT!!!!!

My life like most people is and was full of stress, Everything I did outside of working was about relieving the stress in my life. Smoking was the biggest one of all, Gambling was the next and spending was the hardest to overcome. When my blood press was high, shortness of breath and nonstop coughing was a real factor in my life, I knew something had to give. I had wanted to quit smoking for a while, but hated the withdrawals I experienced. I took chantix for 10 days, used the stressful situation relearn tool , got some support buddies and got support from my family and never looked back. I really wanted to quit. So if you really want to quit you can do this, it takes never giving the tobacco companies any more of your money and educating yourself on what nicotine is and what it does to your body, go to ( why quit.com) it will help you outlast the urges. Go live, enjoy, dance, do it all without the need to feed the nicotine addiction. I say this with much love.
(It's been over 5 months without a puff for me and Im loving every minute of it, and it was not at all always this way.)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Theresa11

Did you like chantix? Do you think it helped you succeed? Thanks for the inspriration.
0 Kudos
val_b

Chantix was my God sent, because I quit for 14 days without anything in Dec of 2006, but had servere withdrawals for the entire time of my quit. My body was hurting and I would cry at a drop of a dime. I really did not want to keep feeling this way. I took chantix for the first 7 days as perscribed and the next 3 days as perscribed without smoking. I had some sleepless night and dreams, but not servere as some people dreams. I just stop taking it because the nicotine was out of my system and I don't like to take meds, but I needed to stop smoking and this is what my doctor suggested taking. Im fine and enjoying life, I would recommend chantix to anyone becasue some people just cant take servere withdrawals and win the battle to become detoxed from nicotine on their own.

I also tried patched before taking chantix, the patche kept coming off and I would have to tape them to my arm(s), and I was limited to what i could wear and if the patched fell off while I was sleeping I would have withdrawal in the morning and would have that smoke.
0 Kudos
Theresa11

Thanks Val, I'm not a big drug taker either really don't like them, but want to maximize my chance of succeeding. I've heard only good things about chantix and you just confirmed what I've heard. Have a great smoke free day!
0 Kudos
slyve

October 6th is my quit date.......can't wait!
0 Kudos
taja

PROBABLY U CAN HELP ME START TO QUIT, HOW DID YOU PICK YOUR START DATE? DO YOU GIVE YOURSELF TWO WEEKS OR WAIT TIL THE PACKS RUN OUT. I'VE DECIDED TO TRY TO QUIT WITH A PLAN, I DON'T LIKE THE IDEA OF USING ANYTHING BUT WILL POWER BUT I NEED HELP. I'VE USED CHANTIX AND I'M NOT A BIG FAN OF PILLS I'VE USED NICOTINE PATCHES AND HAVE A SCAR FROM BEING BURNT FROM THE LAST PATCH. IS THERE A WAY TO WEAN MYSELF OFF CIGARETTES. I SMOKE A PACK A DAY FOR THE LAST DECADE OF MY 28 YEARS OF LIFE. I'M ENCOURAGED BY THE WEBSITE AND HEARING EVERYONE'S STORY, I JUST WANT TO START A SMOKE FREE LIFE.HELP.
0 Kudos
val_b

I picked my start date when I took chantix as scribed for 10 days, the 1st 7 day you smoke, after that you just take the pills, I just did not want to take the pills after 3 days because I knew the nicotine was out of my system. It's up to you to do what works for you to get started, I you want to quit, I am here to tell you the truth, I smoked about 2 packs aday, for orver 15 yrs. Life is so much better without smokes. A support buddy on this website told me this "remember you are not smoking because you don't want too, right?" When I got an urge to smoke, I told my mind Im not smoking because I don't want too, got involved more with family and friends and started enjoying life as a nonsmoker, giving myself new memories. You can do this.
0 Kudos