cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

azpishe

Yeah for us that stopped yesterday....

I have retired the leather cigarette case I have had for 18 yrs as of Thursday, the day before yesterday. I have had one cigarette since and won't ask for another. So, now it has been 24 hrs. You know just for this short period of time, the 24 hrs. Is an accomplisment for me. I have laid them down cold turkey for 3 yrs. in the past but that was many yrs. ago. And now I hope I can stick with it. And on top of that worried about the weight gain so i started walking this morning. So, this is my first step. Joining this community for the support of others. I have a new person in my life after being divorced for over 6 yrs now and he is a non-smoker. And he is hot so that is just an ego booster with another incentive. And younger. Sorry....Anyway, feel free to leave comments, advice, or support. Could and will appreciate it. Thanks
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
carlie

Hi - and welcome....You're doing great, just take it one day at a time !!! A really good group to join is the Daily Pledge...and anywhere else you see a pledge going on, get in line !!! It really helps !!

You have so much to look forward to in life - a smoke-free "boy-toy" (that's what I call my hubby, and he's only 5 months younger)..exercise is important, so I think it's great you're walking...and drink lots of water !!!

This is an awesome site...so much support and friendship...I couldn't have quit successfully without the folks here...I know; I've tried and failed many, many times. My engraved leather case went many years ago...I knew I couldn't keep it, even as a "souvenir" !!!

Keep up your good attitude; and don't be afraid to come here and scream for help if you need to.....that's what we're here for !!!

Keep up the good work......I'm 5 Days and counting !!! Woo-Hoo !!!
0 Kudos
william3

Congrats to all July 4th quitters!
Well as for me, July Fourth went well, day number one was good, I stayed really busy and used nicotine gum approx everyother hour, chewed toothpicks periodically, and over ate just a little.
All in all it was a very good day.
I believe staying busy is the key for me.

I am off this am to get busy again, I crave more when I am idle.

William
0 Kudos