cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

elisa-gill

Why not Smoke Away?

I'm kind of bewildered right now....I want to set a quit date and it won't let me because where it asks "Do you plan to use a smoking cessation product?(or something to that effest), " I have to answer "NO" because Smoke Away is not one of the choices. None of the choices that are presented have worked for me in the past and believe me, I've tried them all, including some that aren't listed (hypnosis, accupuncture, Lifesign, etc...) and Smoke Away was the only one that I had any success with ( an entire week without smoking! If a week doesn't sound like a big deal to you..ask my family, for me that was a huge deal). Anyway, I'd like to use it again and it isn't given as a choice so I can't set my quit date. What do I do? Maybe I should lie and just pick one of the choices listed? I think to resolve this they should list "other" as one of the choices.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
tere

I had the same problem. I quit cold turkey in March and didn't find this site until April, I had 4 weeks quit before even signing in here. I just didn't do that part and went straight to "staying an ex" for the support. Best of Luck to you! And I DO believe a week is AWESOME! Now shoot for two weeks, it's tough ~ BUT YOU ARE TOUGHER!!!
0 Kudos
Susan59

I agree with what everyone is saying. Just pick one. It doesn't matter to the program what you are using (they are probably only using it for statistics). And in all reality it does not matter what you use. One is not truly better then another,,,,,what makes a quit successful is your state of mind. If you are certain and committed you can use nothing and be totally successful. I am using the patch and find that this has been the easiest of all my quits. I believe that this one will stick. The reason is that is was my time....I have used all the things available even Lifesign : ) I always went back but this time I am done and I know it. That is the secret to quitting. Knowing you are done and that nothing in the world will cause you to lose your quit except you.

My pledge is this: I am a nictotine addict and I can never have another puff. I pledge N.O.P.E Not one puff ever.

You can do this too!!

Prayers.

Susan - Free and Healing for One Month, Twenty Eight Days, 17 Hours and 8 Minutes, while extending my life expectancy 3 Days and 17 Hours, by avoiding the use of 1075 nicotine delivery devices that would have cost me $309.78.
0 Kudos
leanne-k

I agree with everyone, I put no and just don't care what anyone thinks about how I do it. I just know one thing I am going to quit. I do believe in the state of mind. I love all the support it helps me more than I ever thought. But looking at some of the things on this site, my way of thinking is that I should change my way of thinking on everything. I am doing that. Things like my marraige, my girls, why I'm just sitting around and why am I smoking. That may not be much, but my thinking is keeping me from smoking. Thank everyone for making me understand that. I knew something was missing. P.S. I'm not missing the smoking
0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We are in the process of fixing this now on the becomeanex.org Web site.
EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos