cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

RogerP0823

When will I, or will I, ever stop thinking of smoking?

Day 16.  Feel great. But all I think about is smoking.   Will it ever be out of my mind?  Will it ever be a thing of the past?  Will there ever be a morning when I wake, take in that first sip of coffee, and not desire a smoke???

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
14 Replies
virgomama

It certainly helped me.  I'm still using it to keep myself inline.

0 Kudos
IrishRose

virgomama‌ , you are not "only" at 83 days quit.  You "are" 83 days quit, and that is soooooooooooooooo very awesome!!!!!!!!!!  You, Dear Lady, are working your way towards one whole season, three whole months, smokefree!!!!!!!!!  Be so very proud of yourself, because you are doing terrific. 

virgomama

Thanks Irish rose.  I needed that little turn around in my thinking. 

IrishRose

RogerP0823 , cravings and thoughts are really both one in the same.  You are almost at one month smokefree.  That is really cool.  Hang in there!!!!!

0 Kudos
Giulia

Is there really a difference between "cravings" and thinking about cigarettes?  To me they're one and the same and kind of go hand in hand.  (Though with a 12 year quit behind me - not any more.)     When I was thinking about cigarettes all the time is when I was craving them all the time.  When I stopped craving them as much I stopped thinking about them as much.