cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Lakeigh80

Afraid of failure

I've smoking cigarettes since I was 12 or 13 now I'm 38 if I start to quit today when will the cravings stop 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
maryfreecig

The cravings become fewer and fewer week by week. People quit successfully everyday, so rather then run from a crave, look it in the face and smack it down. Welcome to Ex.

anaussiemom

I'm afraid too.  What works" for me, is making the brain focus on something else other then the craves. Having  lesser fuel to work in the brain daily, moment to moment.  I have tried numerous times.  Im  2 weeks quit right now, gaining strength.  One Step At A TIme.  2 days ago I had no crave" or thought" of them.  I fuel it less and it works amazingly well.  I have given it  bit to much fuel the last two days.   So now, I will give it no" fuel.   So for me it works!  No fuel= no thoughts. 
Try it.  Don't be afraid to fail.   You can get back up and try again" anytime you commit to yourself.  Tell yourself NOPE, I don't smoke anymore!..

It is an Addiction.  Don't feed the addiction with thoughts! 

48405970_10156785938197567_5857910189981696000_n.jpg

beazel

We understand that fear...fear if you quit, fear if you don't quit.

Every quit is different, but there is no set time to how long craves last.

If you put in the work you can quit, it's as simple as not putting a cigarette in your mouth and lighting it on fire.

Not easy at times, but doable.

I started smoking when I was 12 also...smoked almost 47 years....I quit......

I hope you choose to quit now while you are young, it's one of the best decisions you will ever make!!

You can do it!!

karenjones

What do you mean 'start' to quit? You just quit. The craving s will go away in time. What a great new years resoultion. Welcome!

0 Kudos