cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

George-Martin

When to quit

So I appreciate all the replies I got to first post!

I quit for two days - almost- this last week and broke.  When i started back I could really feel what the nicotine was doing to my nerves even after quitting for that short period- when i started back - I felt more panicky- I got relief at first but quickly I could feel how these cigarettes make me feel sick!

The cigarettes don't calm nerves- they make them worse- I could defintely feel the difference just from stopping for a few days- the cravings just overwhelmed me.

I really want to go for this again soon-  I am a musician and have a pretty busy week coming up- maybe its good to go ahead and start quit ASAP- being busy might be a good thing?- although i set it for a week from tomorrow

Any Thoughts?

Thanks to All

13 Replies
YoungAtHeart

Green!

Good to see you!  Welcome back!

Nancy

0 Kudos
green1611

thank you

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

Planning and preparation would help you. My EX Plan | BecomeAnEX  review the videos track your cigs, learn your triggers so you can be prepared not to start over again. NOPE no matter what is happening will set you free. You have to make the commitment and believe that you can do it one day at a time.  It is doable. 

0 Kudos

I was a serial quitter. Something that helped me was to know that there are now more EXers than smokers so if they can do it so can I.......and I did - 7 + years ago!

0 Kudos