cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

tarrah84

When is your quit smoking date?

Tell us about when you set your date to quit smoking? Is there a reason for that date? What are your plans for the days leading up to your set date?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
tarrah84

My husband and I are going to quit smoking together. We chose June 3rd. It will be 11 days before our planned camping trip for Father's Day and we both feel it would be the perfect time to really enjoy being smoke free. I plan to start tracking my smoking for the next week to really learn what triggers my smoking. 

0 Kudos
rachel8301

Planning to quit June 1st. No rhythm or rhyme to the date, just figured it's a great way to kick off the summer; smoke free! Had enough of the taste, smell, and cost so better sooner than later 🙂

0 Kudos
raystahl68

June 8th . Hopefuly I'm Out of Smokes...... 😉

0 Kudos
featheriver

My quit date is June 7, 2013. It is my birthday.

0 Kudos
tarrah84

Has anyone already tried to make changes to their smoking habits as their quit date nears? I have went from smoking 100's to shorts, and I have made myself wait at least an hour after I wake up to smoke a cigarette. The morning cigarette is definately a tough one. I also have limited myself to a cigarette every 2 hours instead of every hour. On Sunday, I will again put more limits on my smoking such as waiting at least an hour after I eat and limiting smoking to one cigarette for every 3 hours.

0 Kudos
pheonixfire2

June 4th. I've tried to quit several times in the last couple weeks. Going for gold this time!

0 Kudos
tarrah84

Hey Pheonix. Glad you joined the group. I have tried to quit so many times since I have my first child, I can't even count them now. My oldest is 7 1/2 years old. I have 2 girls. My biggest reason I want to quit is not only for my health, but I am damaging theirs as well. I've tried everything from the patches to the gum to the atomizers and so on. I think now, I just have to do this myself and I am hoping with the support of others going through the process at the same time and sharing those victories and hard times, it may help me realize that I truly am not alone in the process. 

0 Kudos
sonora

Hi everybody! I have set my date.for June 1st just because I have no more stress about finals. I really want to let go of the habit well before I have to start again in the Fall. Now is the time!
0 Kudos
flaroyale

I'm looking at Monday June 10th as my quit date. Which I guess means my last cigarette will be on June 9th. I have tried this many times with no success. I really need to quit. New here so need to catch up on the way things work here.

0 Kudos