cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

songbird3

What are the substitutes????

Ok, so I have 11 more days until I quit smoking.  I did it in 1993 for 12 years but started back up 6 years ago.

My issue... what are the substitues for smoking???  I don't want to eat a lot and gain weight.., I don't chew gum, etc...  Anyone have any advice for me??  I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
jonjon5

10 quick push-ups. You won't want that smoke. Hi, I just signed up. It say's welcome, please introduce yourself. Where do I post? Thank, and blessings to you.

0 Kudos
carlos-osorio

If you don't  chew gum etc. try to do things you are good at. Like exercise go to the park. Call your friend when you have that crave to smoke. Buy a handball for your hand and squeezes. If you want something crunchy to eat, fruit  like carrots, apple ect. Try to keep away from ciggarets. You going to think of it , just let the thought sit there it will go always in 1min, if not  drink plenty of water. On an empty stomach that's when you crave for ciggarets..... So is important to drink water at times. 8oz a day.. I wish you the best  on your first day, keep I touch we can Gide each other...

0 Kudos
carlos-osorio

On day my nephew of 7yrs old told me in the store in front of my family. That  god been trying to help me, but I push him way, when god throw me sign I turn my head away, when I hear some one talk about quit smoking I change the conversation... My nephew made me cry for what he said. He is the 1 I quit . Even my family!

0 Kudos