cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

hstokes210

What to do?!

Hey guys. I’m new here. My juul just crapped out on me and I swore I wouldn’t buy another one. With your experience quitting what do you recommend? I’ve thought about those disposable vapes and weening off. It hasn’t even been 24 hours and my cravings are INTENSE. Wowza. Thanks in advance. 

21 Replies
hstokes210

Thank you!!!

RoseH

I am suggesting you get the book by Allen Carr entitled “How to Quit Smoking the Easy Way”...  It sure got me thinking and doing and I am almost two years smoke free, after (50) years of smoking!

It might also help you if you check out my “The Quit Kit” Blog to help you form a plan to keep your quit...  We were all where you are now!  If we can do it, so can you!  The support here is awesome and comforting!  

AnnetteMM

Keep the nicotine out of your body and away from your face!

Come here every day. Make it part of your new routine, even if you never comment or post.

Reward yourself for every single milestone, whether it's one day, five days, a week, anything!

Rewards totally work.

If you need to have something in your mouth, make it a Twizzler or Tootsie Pop or straw.

Cravings pass.

Time to learn a new way to live!

hstokes210

Thank you!!! I actually do find coming on here when I have a craving works, stopped by the store today to get some mints to pop in my mouth when a craving comes on, helps a lot too! Thank you for the tips!

CrazyQuitter

Whatever you do please stick to it! your body starts to make a noticeable recovery in the first week. Hold onto those end results!

I tried many ways to quit. I tried nicotine patches, the gum, plenty of willpower and the support of many others on this site. If I failed I would straight away get back on the horse and try to quit straight after I relapsed.

When my father tried to quit smoking he ate peanuts!

Maybe you can try all these strategies also!

Barbscloud

Good morning hstokes210   How is it going today?

Barb

hstokes210

Hey! Sorry I have been so busy with work! The last few days have been awesome. Not thinking about vaping really at all. It has almost been a week!!

elvan

WOW, CONGRATULATIONS!  Good for you!

hstokes210

Thank you!!!!

Barbscloud

Congrats.  That's fabulous.

Keep moving forward.

Barb