cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

tracy4

What to do when they are away

I have been quit for 43 days and this is the first weekend that my BF is away. He is on his annual mountain trip and this would be the time to smoke it up... now i don't know what to do - i am going out with friends tonight but i feel lonely for some reason...

any suggestions? did anyone else feel this way? like "wow they are away - i can finally smoke as much as i want and not get caught?"
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
Barbscloud

@pmarlene Good to hear from you and congrats on 85 days nicotine free.   You're doing great and are doing just what you need to do to maintain your quit.  We need to replace smoking with different activities.   Video games have really worked for me even after 5 years.  They're a great way to engage your mind and hands and the time just passes so quickly.

Keep up the good work.

Barb

biscuit9

Here goes.  On quit day #7, it was a Saturday morning and my first time to be home alone, since quitting.  This would be the last day of Hell Week for me.  I used to smoke cigs, but I knew I had a hated vape pen in the house and I was gonna find it....noone to stop me.  The darn thing worked and I took a few puffs (never liked vaping).  Then, I came to my senses, and never ever did that again! Quit day 200.  Don't be me, please.   Be well prepared, cos like you, in the past, if I had an alone moment one of my fav things to do would be to fill that time with a quiet smoke.  Have a plan, so if/when a thought or crave comes, you can work through it.  The very fact that you are already thinking about that time, shows your commitment.  These will be the moments that try you.  You have 43 nicotine free days under your belt!!!  That is huge, awesome.  Plan a movie time and some hot cocoa, paint your nails or something that you CAN do, that doesn't include self harm.  You have navigated without nicotine for 43 days, and said NO many times, because you don't want to be a nicotine addict!  You got this.