Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

amiray39

What is your favorite hobby?

Looking for ideas  

44 Replies
indingrl

RAMBLE ON - I love stories about life on lifes terms and thanks for sharing beautiful story. 

YoungAtHeart

I am not sure epxercise is considered a hobby, but any kind of movement is good for you and good for your quit.  Done briskly, it also gives you a hit of dopamine.  Even marching in place works. There is also chair yoga on YouTube.

I also consider Ex a hobby, as is gardening in the summer.  I bring a lot of potted plants inside for the winter, and they do require a bit of work.  In the winter I crochet, do cross stitch and needlepoint.  You can get kits for cross stitch and needlepoint at yarn/craft stores, and there are instructional videos on YouTube  Walk through a local craft store for other ideas - or search online for crafts.  You might paint a birdhouse (they have ones all ready for that in the craft store).  Some people work on jigsaw puzzles, or do crosswords or word finds.  Look, too, for adult education classes by your county/city or at the local community college.  They often offer things like stained glass, drawing, etc .Some folks play games on the computer.  I make a lot of gifts I give, and they vary.  I did a sketch of her dog for one friend, made a wreath out of wild grapevine and dried flowers for another, and embossed a set of note cards for another.  I pass many a winter day reading, too.

Spend some time thinking about what is of interest.    You will have extra money now that you aren't spending on cigarettes to buy supplies!

Nancy

AnnetteMM

I crochet in a straight line, so I make a lot of blankies! But in warmer weather I like to sit outside and read or people watch. 

indingrl

I love people watching too! Sitting at a flea market or in a park under the shade of a huge old tree with the smell of fresh cut grass- awe the memories of days AHEAD!!!   

Giulia

amiray39‌  What kind of rocks?  Big, small and where do you hunt for them?  Woods?  Creeks?

amiray39

I like the small crystal looking rocks. Just drive down a gravel road the day after storm. Sometimes that is by a creek or a lake 

indingrl

Cool i find when I am out walking - every where- different shapes-  natural rocks - God made ones for ME- thank you so much for sharing Ami - gentle hug.

0 Kudos
Giulia

Ah, you're a quartz hunter!  

anaussiemom

Eating cake
Exercising
Walking my Lui Dog
Trying new recipes
Swimming
Adventures
Reading

IrishRose

I have too many hobbies is my problem.  I love taking photos of wildlife.  I knit - can make a cool pair of socks.  I love kayaking, fishing; actually, anything that has to do with nature or water.  I have some big rocks, smooth ones, that I have found along my travels, so I guess I collect rocks too, along with sea shells.  I collect marbles too - have had this collection ever since I was a kid, and just have this fascination for marbles - have no idea why.  Maybe, because I have lost a bunch of them upstairs, above my eyebrows, if you get my drift.    

I love my buddies here on Ex too, but sometimes, I get really depressed, and I disappear for awhile.  I even hide from myself, which is kind of spooky.  I always return though, and I am back again now. 

Irish Rose