cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

tracy21

What is this power????

It's like I want to sooooooooo bad. I try, i relaspe, i try again, i relaspe again. I do this over and over and over again. Can someone pray with m? I am definitely prayin for myself. But my miracle is yet to come. I want to just wake and not want one! Not need one! I've tried so many suggestions. I can't afford the replacements and so cold turkey i will try again. Like i said can u please pray with me for deliverance?
0 Kudos
16 Replies
nan7

Hi Tracy, have you tryed quitsmokingonline.com? or the Whyquit site? or BecomeanEx.com? One of those may hold the information that will work for you. As long as you keep trying, there is a chance you will succeed.
0 Kudos
tracy21

Becomeanex is where I began searching but the others I have yet to visit. I've read a lot of books and other articles. Just can't seem to get it done. Maybe this is the storm and calm is coming soon. Thanks for listening Nancy.
0 Kudos
laura45

Tracy, you can do it. It has everything to do with what YOU want. Starts with a promise to yourself that you will never take another puff. N.O.P.E. Keep that promise every minute of every day. Find a million little distractions with your family, friends, pets, playing games online, etc. When you get frustrated, find a stuffed animal and rip it apart! Have fun. Just don't smoke. Ever.

laura
15 months
0 Kudos
mr1957

The power you are faced with is your own addiction. You arent responsable for your addiction,but you are responsable for your recovery. You have to dcide that you are not going to smoke, no matter what!!! I have allready prayed for you, now what are you going to do. Being uncomfortable wont kill you. Peace
0 Kudos
tracy21

thanks everyone for your words of hope! your words really hit home. i am definitely thinking over a plan, checking out websites and reading more, taking in all advice, especially the ripping apart the stuffed animal. i never really thought of smoking as a disease until i tried to quit. i had to say out loud i'm an addict and it hurts. well this time is the last time i will try. i will QUIT!!!! i will QUIT! i will QUIT! i keep you up on my progress.
0 Kudos
looneylacy

I will pray with you and for you!
0 Kudos
tracy21

Heather DANG! Your story is....all I can say is WEW! 48 yrs old, yeah waaaaaaay too early! My mother is also a smoker and I wish we could both stop. You are amazing! Thanks for your prayers as I will pray for you and you baby as well.
0 Kudos
tracy21

Thanks Lori! That was right on point. What the heck am I waiting for?
0 Kudos
tracy21

Thanks for your prayers. That's going to be something to get me thru I know. Being uncomfortable will not kill me! Thanks for that!!!!!! I love it!
0 Kudos