cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

SimplySheri

What Kind of Person Are You?

I admit it...I am a word girl.  They have such meaning for me and I get so thrilled when I read something that resonates with me   Let me share a few quotes with you that simply stunned me:

~~Worry is worshipping the problem.~~  Toby Mac

~~Underestimate me.  That'll be fun.~~  Unknown

~~If you don't believe in miracles, perhaps you've forgotten you are one.~~  Unknown

~~You are the only you that will ever be....you're kind of a big deal.~~ Jen Sincero

I understand that other people aren't as word loving as I am.  Some are more visual and get thrilled at seeing a sunset.  Some are music people (that's my second) and a good piece of music touches their soul.  Others are foodies...not in the sense of eating everything but rather finding their spirituality in hosting a dinner or creating a masterpiece meal.

But there is something in you that craves that special something.  You know, that gives your life purpose and meaning.  That is special maybe only to you but whatever it is, it makes you complete.  Joyful.  Calm.  

Please share if you understand what I'm talking about   It is so much easier to quit smoking when you can turn to something you love and it makes you feel better.  It makes you forget everything else when you're doing it.  

If you don't have it yet, find it!  Explore your likes and dislikes.  Your skills.  Your talents.  Those special things that make you, you   Because when you do, you'll turn to it time and time again rather than going back to smoking.  Because there is where the joy is.

24 Replies
YoungAtHeart

I love the quote, "underestimate me..."  That is ME to a TEE!  The medical staff where I was so decimated by the aftermath of two surgeries and two battles with infections in the rehab facility told my daughter that I would not ever be strong enough to live at home alone.  My daughter's response, "You don't know my Mom!"  The rest, as they say, is history!

Water is my nirvana.   Walking beside a body of water, most any water (except rain puddles!  ) will do.  I love nothing in life more than walking at the ocean's edge, with the wave foam tickling my toes, or walking on a path by a river with sunlight reflected on its currents and rapids, or wading in a lake with the tiny fish nibbling at my toes.

Walking most anywhere with sunlight on my face is a close second, and the feel of water moving past me and the rhythm of swimming, is, I guess, in third place!

Great topic.  Can't wait to read other responses!

SimplySheri

I can absolutely see you with "Underestimate me, that will be fun"   And for some reason, I can see you as a water baby.  Maybe because I know you love to swim?  

indingrl

Thanks for sharing Sheri - I love the Word of God - it is written - I have the mind of Christ - it is written - the fullness of the deity in Christ in me - it is written By which also you are saved if you keep in memory what I preached to you........I delivered to you first of all that which I also received, how Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was burled, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures :  just believe in YOUR OWN HEART - just for YOU and then there is the  excitement of OUR relationship growing every day and OH how HE loves ME and cares for just ME each moment and - I love the intimacy in MY relationships with MY Daddy God and MY Lord Jesus and MY Holy Spirit - I love when MY prayers are answered for other's and I love the inside changes MY Holy Comforter has changed in ME to be more Christ like in character and how MY Daddy Gods grace keeps ME hid in MY Lord Jesus and His will for ME -  each day with more of MY Holy Spirit's fruit - MORE abundant in ME - each moment of the day - and OH how MY Lord Jesus has healed ME in MY mind and will and emotions aka MY soul and MY spirit at one with MY Holy Spirit of MY OWN free will - I choose to obey and keep reading and studying until MY Lord Jesus raptures ME out of here SOONER than the world knows - I love His faith in ME - that special in ME is How MY Lord Jesus lives BIG in me and how MY Daddy God keeps ME hid in Christ and His finished work on the cross that MY Holy Spirit does for ME and God had offered this FREE as a gift of His love of eternal Salvation to the WHOLE WORLD - read in the Bible for YOURself - 1 Corinthians chapter 15 verses 1- 4 and choose of your OWN free will to take God at His Word and believe it in your OWN heart for yourself eternal Salvation - to believe OR not believe - it all up to EACH human - FREE WILL choicest

SuzyQ411

Oh.... what a precious and .perfect response, Sherri... SimplySheri‌ ....  

0 Kudos
sweetplt

I have so many dimensions...I am crafty, a homemaker, volunteer, life of the party, homebody, meditative, spiritual, physical with walking/exercise, I am a lover, not a fighter, my kitchen is the neighborhood hang out, etc., it is amazing I had time to smoke...LOL...I am a “people person”...

SimplySheri

And it shows in all that you do here!!  I appreciate the many dimensions of you, Colleen   You are unique and skilled and so very generous!!  

Cousin-Itt

Music and Nature   I have floated on a lake in the bush of Ontario Sat on a log in the middle of the Rockies. I stop on walks in our parks All to listen, To Smell To take it all in.   The things I have seen and felt seem unreal.  

I listen to music constantly and sometime just to listen, other times to feel and get away.  My last thought children are the key to this world I coached all kinds of sports for 18 years and not once have I ever regretted it  

I do hope you made sense of this

SimplySheri

Here's to not only all that you do, my friend, but all that you are   What a remarkable human being you are!!