cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

SimplySheri

What Kind of Person Are You?

I admit it...I am a word girl.  They have such meaning for me and I get so thrilled when I read something that resonates with me   Let me share a few quotes with you that simply stunned me:

~~Worry is worshipping the problem.~~  Toby Mac

~~Underestimate me.  That'll be fun.~~  Unknown

~~If you don't believe in miracles, perhaps you've forgotten you are one.~~  Unknown

~~You are the only you that will ever be....you're kind of a big deal.~~ Jen Sincero

I understand that other people aren't as word loving as I am.  Some are more visual and get thrilled at seeing a sunset.  Some are music people (that's my second) and a good piece of music touches their soul.  Others are foodies...not in the sense of eating everything but rather finding their spirituality in hosting a dinner or creating a masterpiece meal.

But there is something in you that craves that special something.  You know, that gives your life purpose and meaning.  That is special maybe only to you but whatever it is, it makes you complete.  Joyful.  Calm.  

Please share if you understand what I'm talking about   It is so much easier to quit smoking when you can turn to something you love and it makes you feel better.  It makes you forget everything else when you're doing it.  

If you don't have it yet, find it!  Explore your likes and dislikes.  Your skills.  Your talents.  Those special things that make you, you   Because when you do, you'll turn to it time and time again rather than going back to smoking.  Because there is where the joy is.

24 Replies
AnnetteMM

GREAT POST!  Really love it.  I, too, am a word girl. 

Okay, here I go:

Loyalty.

If you're my friend, you're my friend for life.

If you cross me, you are gone for life. Because I am also loyal to myself.

SimplySheri

How wonderful is that?!!!  I never quite thought about being loyal to myself....I really like that   

AnnetteMM

Thanks!

elvan

I am a feelings person, always have been. I have a visceral response to others. I KNOW l cannot fix everything for everyone but l can at least TRY to offer support. Feeling things so strongly played into my life choices to become a nurse & a mother.

Ellen

SimplySheri

You are definitely a woman of strength, Ellen, but also of tremendous empathy and gentle compassion as well.  I adore you, you know!!  

elvan

Feeling is mutual, my friend.

Thank you

Christine13

I am a people person.  I need to serve people in some way.  I am a Mom, first and foremost, and I was a wife for 43 years.  I am starting to explore my world as a single person, and a single Mom.  I am invincable, I am woman, hear me roar, Helen Reddy.

SimplySheri

You are all that and more!!!  I love that Helen Reddy song, Christina   You are fearless, you are brave, you are tenacious, and you have just the best heart in the whole world!!  Sending you lotsa love this holiday season and always 

green1611

Like to be in friends and family. Living life with happiness ! Take it as it comes, and enjoy the good part of it, forget the bad part (if any)!

SimplySheri

I've seen that in you often