cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

M0M

What Foods do you suggests to help me quit? I cant rely on carrots & apples because of poor dental health problems.

Can't eat carrots or apples well & can't afford expensive fruits & drinks & diet bars

0 Kudos
8 Replies
M0M

I do like bananas & cereal! I am trying to bake cookies more often to help me keep busy but I share with neighbors to help keep from gaining extra weight!

indingrl

Applesauce with CINNAMON it HELPS -  clean the blood boiled eggs to snack on between meals steamed green bell peppers with yellow onion - good vitamins and yellow onion cleans out sinuses - gentle hug 

sweetplt

Cheerios, sunflower seeds, blueberries, yogurt 

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

If you are referring to snacks, oranges, nuts, raisins, I Iove the sugar-free Jello snacks and puddings.  Applesauce, unsweetened. Celery if not too hard, great with sour cream. yum. I also snack on boiled eggs. grapes, strawberries. I would focus on eating a balanced meal to be satisfied.  The gum was helpful, kept my mouth moving.  if I got tired of chewing I would slip the gum under my tongue.  Bottled water, keep close.  

M0M

I love banana pudding & I love rice& raisins pudding with cinnamon! I love fruit pie but lots of calories & high in sugar!!! Nuts & Celery are difficult with my dental problems! I love peaches but they cost a lot! Grapes Are Great!

0 Kudos

the best thing to do is cut up some straws to the length of a cigarette for the first couple of months while you're training yourself.  You still have the hand to mouth habit, but you're training yourself in times of cravings to do deep breathing at the same time.  Flavored shaved ice and frozen grapes are another choice.  As each month passes, you'll notice the cravings get less and less.  When one hits you between the eyes, look at your surroundings.  Could it be a change in the season, an anniversary, a yearly event?  Nine times out of ten it's something that happens in your life that you associate smoking with.  I still have things pop up every once in a while and I've been quit for almost four years.  But I have 43 years of memories swirling around in that old noggin' of mine.  Congrats on your decision to quit and your commitment to it...........

0 Kudos
GyorgyiM

You can always blanch the fruits etc that are uncomfortable to eat. Like making a compote, or jam.  Baked apples is another option...Create a fruit smoothie and eat it with a spoon! 

Just saying....

0 Kudos
ash2lar

Adding tumeric, powerful anti-inflammatory, to your smoothies and oatmeal- as well as cinnamon.. You want to stick with dark colored fruits and veggies, they have more antioxidants. I eat tons of blueberries! Steam your veggies so they break down easter in your gut, and are easier for your to eat. Raw is not the way to go.

Check out an anti-inflammatory diet on the web. You want to calm down your inflamed respiratory tract while you heal.

0 Kudos