cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

melissa70

Welcome!

I am quitting on July 25th and although I would like him to quit, my spouse is not ready. I am determined to do this, but am sure it will be hard to do knowing he is still smoking, smelling the cigs, etc. Hoping there are others out there who can relate and we can share our thoughts and lean on eachother.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
12 Replies

Hi! I quit on July 6th....and my husband has been very supportive. For the most part he smokes outside or in the other room. We recently had a little tiff about him not smoking around me. He has mixed feelings about doing it for me and yet feeling like less of a person, like I was asking him not to. That feeling stems from me saying Thank You for not smoking around me because I do believe it has helped me with the urges...."out of sight, out of mind". So we decided the best thing for us to do is communicate.....loud and clear when we found ourselves getting irrated with the other. Anyone having similar issues? Would love to hear your solutions.....
0 Kudos
kim27

Hello.

I just joined this group and also have a husband who smokes. I am not having a real issue with it right now but I am afraid that when I have to quit taking the Chantix it will be a real problem. I am on day 9 so I feel good about it so far
0 Kudos
sylvie

Same here...My husband works at home......and I just stop working! so...at least he is downstairs, so I can shut the door, and the smoke doesn't reach me.
Me also I think it really stinks, it horrify's me that I stunk too! lol!
On Chantix also, I quit yesterday, so far not to bads....bad urges yesterday so I chewed on a nicorette, and went to bed very early!
Take care all and good luck!!!
0 Kudos