cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

roger6

August 25th was my day.

Became and Ex August 25th,2008. Working on my second day of not smoking at all.
No patches, no gum, nothing. I really think this is the best way. Just need to totally rid ourselves of all the nicotine and poisons that have been polluting our brains for so long.As I see all the tobacco being harvested here in NC this week. I can finally say. Enough is enough. Good luck to all.
3.63 and counting
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
mindy6

Awesome job Roger! I quit 16 days ago and I did it cold turkey as well. It can be hard, but ride the wave, it always crashes into the turf - so the cravings always crash too.
0 Kudos
aloha-lady

Way to go! I quit yesterday too! Doing it cold turkey as well. Its difficult b/c my roommate still smokes but we're working on it together... I'm hoping I'll inspire him to quit soon.
0 Kudos
sylvie

Good luck to you also, my second day also,this time i'm getting help with chantix, i must say i am surprise of how well it is going for me and these little pills. Never like the nicotine stamps and all, mind you I do have nicotine gum for humongous cravings! On ly had one gum yesterday!
Anyway, does not matter, what ever works, for each one of us!
gl all
0 Kudos
roger6

Way to go Sylvie. Whatever it takes. It really helps me to time the cravings I have. I'm really surprised at how fast they pass. Good luck to you.
0 Kudos
roger6

Thanks MIndy. I really can do this. I found it helps me to time the cravings. They really dont last long at all. Thanks again.
0 Kudos
roger6

Maybe you could ask him to smoke outside. I'm sure he will understand.
0 Kudos
sylvie

my husband smokes also...in a way I figure I will be ready for the outside world of smokers, when I do go out...
But what use to get on my nerve when I was smoking was; there was no more places to smoke....now, finaly, it will work to my advantage!!
I think there is a forum for those who quit with partners who don't....?
Good luck Aloha
0 Kudos