Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome: Introduce Yourself!

If you're just joining EX, we'd love for you to get in the mix and tell us a little bit about you in a comment. Don't know what to say, tell us what you're up to right now. Then be sure to fill out your Community Profile and upload an avatar.

If you're more brave and...

...ready to start your Quit Journey and share more you can Journal about it.

...have a question, you can ask it in Support, Quitting Methods or Health Conditions.

...or jump into the Conversations or latest posts from across the site..

If you're not yet brave you can...

...learn about using the community on the FAQ Page.

...read the info on My EX Plan and Set a Quit Date.

...search the community site or search from search bar on many pages (works just like Google).

...complete your EX Profile and your Community Profile.

...read the Best of EX.

...browse others' quit journeys.‌

EX Community Admin Team
Labels (1)
491 Replies

Hello Kim. I’m the least technological person so if I can do it anyone can. Just read and if you like to reply hit reply just like you did. I still get a little frustrated when I can’t figure something out but it’s all good practice and keeps my mind off the reason why I’m here at this forum. Good luck to you. Lots of great information on here. 

Barbscloud

Hi again.  I see you got responses to you other post.  Just blog and we'll respond.

Barb

0 Kudos

Hello all, my name is Carla, I'm 40, and just beginning my journey. I decided to make this leap not just for myself but also for my kids. So I can be proud of myself and they can have a mom they can be proud of. And hopefully by quitting, I can show my children that addiction and habits can be conquered. This is going to be a difficult journey, especially with all the stress I am under. My daughter was diagnosed with several mental disorders a couple years back, every holiday, birthdays, and special occasions she acts out. I get anxious, nervous and stressed out when I tell her to clean her room or wash the dishes because I don't know if it's going to set her off.

0 Kudos

You sound like a very strong woman and your reasons for quitting is wonderful. It sounds like things can be tough right now... Hang in there! Smoking doesn’t help us one bit, as you know. Stay the course!

crysmarie

I appreciate you and your uplifting words. Yes I should not have picked it back up I tell myself that everyday... It’s ok I can only go forward from here. Again thank you!

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

Welcome to the Ex browncarla0605   Carla.    If you haven't done so already, read everything you can on this site, pick a quit date, educate yourself about nicotine addiction and create a quit plan. My EX Plan | BecomeAnEX   Preparation is the best way to begin your journey.   Most of us have turned to smoking to relieve our stress, but in fact it increases it.  You can do this.

We're here to support you.  Just reach out anytime you need encouragement or want to share your journey.

If you "Post to My Blog" and introduce yourself, you'll receive the support you need from the community.

I also recommend taking the Daily Pledge--it's a great way to begin your day to stay on track.

I  believe you mentioned in another post that you many not be able to pay for patches.  You may be able to obtain them for free from your state.

1-800-QUIT-NOW 

crysmarie

Hello All,

My name is Crystal and I am just starting my journey! I have quit alone once before for 8 months. I was loosing my grandfather from cancer and my father went in to the ER for a heart attack on my 8th month. It was until I went to Lubbock, TX and sitting in the waiting room where I also lost my paternal grandfather to the exact same reason I was there for my dad that I just couldn’t hack it and I went out with my uncle and picked up my very first cigarette with my uncle. I haven’t been able to quit since. My kids ask everyday when I’m going to quit and I think it’s time! 

0 Kudos

Good for you! You did it for 8 months before so you know what’s ahead and this time you’ll be more prepared when stress hits. You know now what to look out for. Congratulations on your decision. I think that’s always the hardest. It was for me. Good luck!

dsprague

Hi, I am Dave S. I am 65 years old,I quit the day after Christmas. Had one of those smokers ct scans, and the results showed emphysema, don’t know what stage yet, Also found calcification in coronary artery. Last year nothing was found. This was a shock. Took a couple of days after the test but I Quit. Put them down and never going back. I think it would make it easier on my mind if I knew the stages I am in. But does not matter, I Quit and will stay that way. I am thankful that we have a supportive group like you folks.

Thanks for listening to me

Dave

tyndallgw

Way to go Dave!!  You have now taken a massive step to improving your health....the rest is out of your hands.  The most important thing now is for you to stay strong and power through your quit.  We are here to help whenever needed.