Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome: Introduce Yourself!

If you're just joining EX, we'd love for you to get in the mix and tell us a little bit about you in a comment. Don't know what to say, tell us what you're up to right now. Then be sure to fill out your Community Profile and upload an avatar.

If you're more brave and...

...ready to start your Quit Journey and share more you can Journal about it.

...have a question, you can ask it in Support, Quitting Methods or Health Conditions.

...or jump into the Conversations or latest posts from across the site..

If you're not yet brave you can...

...learn about using the community on the FAQ Page.

...read the info on My EX Plan and Set a Quit Date.

...search the community site or search from search bar on many pages (works just like Google).

...complete your EX Profile and your Community Profile.

...read the Best of EX.

...browse others' quit journeys.‌

EX Community Admin Team
Labels (1)
491 Replies
Barbscloud

Good morning Shadow420nc    I believe you've been with us before?  Congrats on you first day smoke free.  If you have done so already, continue to educate yourself about this addiction. It really helps to understand what to expect.  We're here for you if you need encouragement or want to share your journey. 

Success on day 1.  

Barb

booboongran

Good morning my name is Pam . I have set a quit date and I am so ready to do this. I have emphysema and heart disease and have been smoking for 42 years . My health is declining and I really need to stop but it’s so hard I have so many triggers . I am hoping by being involved in a community it will help me . I am not one to talk but feel this is necessary because my family doesn’t understand 

Barbscloud

Welcome to the Ex  booboongran   Pam.  Spend the time leading up to your quit by educating yourself about nicotine addiction and creating your quit plan.My EX Plan | BecomeAnEX   These two steps made all the difference for me this time.  We all have many triggers, that's why the plan is so important.  We need to learn new behaviors and associations other than smoking.  Having those planned in advance will keep you on track.   

Most of us have smoked for many years, the quitters on this site are proof that you can do it too.   It's great to have support from other quitters that understand this journey.   You can come to the site as often as you like to post or just read what worked for other quitters. We're here for you , so just reach out.

You can Post To My Blog to introduce yourself to the community .

Barb 

Jilln2

Hello everyone my name is Jill, I have set a quit day 3 weeks from today, i feel this pandemic has brought on lots more anxiety and I have wanted to pick up cigarettes a lot more frequently, wishing that wasn’t the case, seems for me that’s the only way I get any sense of relief 

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jilln2‌ Glad you're here and are looking to quit in the near future.

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
Barbscloud

Welcome Jilln2   Congrats on your upcoming quit date.  Spend this time educating yourself about nicotine addiction and working on you quit plan.  I know this sounds like a terrible time to quit, but there will always be stressors in our life.  And you don't have to go out in public to buy cigarettes.   It's normal to feel smoking is the only thing that gives you relief.  We all felt that way because we're addicted to nicotine.   You can do this one day at a time.  We're here to support you--just reach out.

Come back and celebrate the day with us.

Barb

G45

Where do I start...I quit over ten years ago. In 2018 I had a horrible stressful job that had a huge negative effect on my marriage, family and broke my spirit. I started to “social” smoke and would brag I could pick one up and not think about it again. Well let me tell you that over the next two years it was more and more often. Now during this Covid thing it is daily. Between 2016 and 2018 I lost over 120 lbs. now I am up 40 and smoking! Doing all the wrong things to deal with stress. My saving grace was a that my husband and I are both now trying to quit together after so many years of being non smokers. He is really committed and is helping me to see we can do this. We are in our early forties and want a healthy second half. Our faith is also pulling us through and lead us here for help. I look forward to this journey.

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

G45 wrote:

Where do I start...I quit over ten years ago. In 2018 I had a horrible stressful job that had a huge negative effect on my marriage, family and broke my spirit. I started to “social” smoke and would brag I could pick one up and not think about it again. Well let me tell you that over the next two years it was more and more often. Now during this Covid thing it is daily. Between 2016 and 2018 I lost over 120 lbs. now I am up 40 and smoking! Doing all the wrong things to deal with stress. My saving grace was a that my husband and I are both now trying to quit together after so many years of being non smokers. He is really committed and is helping me to see we can do this. We are in our early forties and want a healthy second half. Our faith is also pulling us through and lead us here for help. I look forward to this journey.

Welcome! Thank you for introducing yourself! Is your husband on here as well?

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
Brookkie

Hello my name is Brooke and I’ve been wanting to quit smoking for awhile now but could never bring myself to do it. Now that I’m always busy with school I felt it was the best time to quit. 

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

Welcome to the Ex Brookkie   Educate yourself about nicotine addiction by reading posts on this site and create a My EX Plan | BecomeAnEX  These two steps made it possible for me to finally quit.  We're here to support you so just reach out.

"Post to My Blog" so the community gets to know you.

Barb