Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome: Introduce Yourself!

If you're just joining EX, we'd love for you to get in the mix and tell us a little bit about you in a comment. Don't know what to say, tell us what you're up to right now. Then be sure to fill out your Community Profile and upload an avatar.

If you're more brave and...

...ready to start your Quit Journey and share more you can Journal about it.

...have a question, you can ask it in Support, Quitting Methods or Health Conditions.

...or jump into the Conversations or latest posts from across the site..

If you're not yet brave you can...

...learn about using the community on the FAQ Page.

...read the info on My EX Plan and Set a Quit Date.

...search the community site or search from search bar on many pages (works just like Google).

...complete your EX Profile and your Community Profile.

...read the Best of EX.

...browse others' quit journeys.‌

EX Community Admin Team
Labels (1)
491 Replies
Belwitz

Hello, my name is Bel. Ive been trying to quit for a while now but always unsuccessful.

Barbscloud

Good morning Belwitz    Welcome to the Ex.   There are step you can take to be successful.   Read material on this site to learn about nicotine addiction and create a quit plan.

Post To My Blog so we can learn more about you  and the community can reach out to support you.

Barb

0 Kudos
Stefuri

Hi, I'm new here. I've tried several times to quit, including making it my 2020 new year's resolution. Like many others, I was on a good path pre-quarantine... I was down to two cigarettes a day mid-March. I've given myself too much slack and allowed myself to smoke as I've pleased over the last couple months. I'm ready to stop being oppressed by the power cigarettes seem to have taken over me! Looking forward to the community.

Barbscloud

Welcome the Ex Stefuri   Glad you found us.  Educate yourself about nicotine addiction by reading material on this site and create a quit plan.  These two steps can make a difference for a successful quit.

If you're interested "Post to My Blog"  so the everyone gets to know you.

Barb

0 Kudos
qtimes2

Hi. My name is Shawna. I am a “closet smoker” and have been for most of my adult life. I’m 53 and am tired of being a fraud. Today is my quit day.  Thank you for being here to help. Any words of wisdom will be greatly appreciated. Let’s do this!

Barbscloud

Welcome to Ex qtimes2   Congrats on your first day smoke free.   If you "Post to My Blog" more of the community will get to know you and share their support.  If you haven't done so yet, I recommend taking The Daily Pledge not to smoke today.

Barb

0 Kudos
debj912

Hello my name is Debbie and I'm just starting my journey. I have been thinking a lot abot quitting beause ofmy health I have stage 4 copd and Chrinic kidney disease.

Barbscloud

Welcome to the Ex Debbie debj912   Read everything you can on this site to learn about nicotine addiction and create a quit plan. These two steps made all the difference for me.  Many of us picked a quit date and spent the time preparing for out quit.  I also signed up for daily text messages from the Ex and found them very motivating as my quit date approached.  The support on this site is priceless so I'm glad you found us.

'Post to My Blog" so the community gets to know you and can be a part of your support group.

Barb

0 Kudos
Tsaddik1

Hang in there, Debbie. This is the most supportive site I've ever seen, but it is difficult to navigate. It gets easier if you try various areas over time. If you get stuck, ask questions and someone always responds. Good luck...

Quit2020_VAK

Good Morning! I am reaching out to gain support to maintain my COLD TURKEY attempt of becoming a non smoker. This is a commitment I plan on continuing daily. 3 days and counting and my will power is in place. Right mindset and goal set to be cigarette free for remainder of my Life.

0 Kudos