Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome: Introduce Yourself!

If you're just joining EX, we'd love for you to get in the mix and tell us a little bit about you in a comment. Don't know what to say, tell us what you're up to right now. Then be sure to fill out your Community Profile and upload an avatar.

If you're more brave and...

...ready to start your Quit Journey and share more you can Journal about it.

...have a question, you can ask it in Support, Quitting Methods or Health Conditions.

...or jump into the Conversations or latest posts from across the site..

If you're not yet brave you can...

...learn about using the community on the FAQ Page.

...read the info on My EX Plan and Set a Quit Date.

...search the community site or search from search bar on many pages (works just like Google).

...complete your EX Profile and your Community Profile.

...read the Best of EX.

...browse others' quit journeys.‌

EX Community Admin Team
Labels (1)
491 Replies
Laurabue

Thank you Barb

i set my quit date for May 7.

I am reading and thoroughly appreciate the help.

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

@Laurabue  That's great.  Look forward to celebrating with you on the 7th.  Stay close as your date approaches.

Barb

0 Kudos
Laurabue

Thank you

0 Kudos
island4

I have tried for 2 days to figure out how I post a comment in the forum welcome please introduce yourself as their is no comment box that I can find for that forum. So I am trying it this way through the "start a newdiscussion" link.  Can anyone tell me if I am doing it right or if there is a way to do it I am not seeing?

Thanks

0 Kudos
island4

and i see it has me dated as posting thsi on December 31, 1969 LOL!

0 Kudos
joyeuxencore

WELCOME!!!   We all hang out in blogs.

Click the link and come join us!

http://community.becomeanex.org/mod/blog/everyone.php

0 Kudos
kfelix1

Oh wow it does say 1969 haha I am new here and now over 24 hrs no smoking, Ive been using an electronic cigarette to help, have you quit or quitting?

0 Kudos
markdanielusa

Hey.....I'm Mark from Dallas......38 Years Old, single. I had actually used Chantix last year to quit smoking but had some adverse reactions to it toward the end of the treatment. It did help me quit, but unfortunately, my mother who was my best friend, passed away suddenly in November and I picked right back up. Any excuse I guess. I really want to stop again, but I can't do the Chantix thing again and really am going to need some outside support.

Thanks

0 Kudos
sallyquitter

I'm Sally from Fort Worth...46 years old and single. I used smoking as a crutch to get through my divorce but it made me feel worse physically and emotionally. I keep trying to quit, but it's really difficult. I have started drinking a lot of water and exercising, It seems to help. I have not had a cigarette in 3 days and feel great but I just don't want to smoke any more. 

0 Kudos
markdanielusa

Wow.....I may need to borrow some of that willpower that you seem to have an abunbdance of, Sally!!!!

🙂

0 Kudos