cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Want to quit!!!!!!!!!

I want to quit so bad... I had every excuse in the book not to but every reason I need to.. I only have one fully functioning lung. I am pregnant for the third time. Each time I quit towards the end.. this time I'm nearing the end and I dont see a quit in sight... my addict brain tells me how are you going to stop doing something you've done for 15+ years? Even when I have trouble breathing I still dont see it as a problem... I know it's a problem and most of the time I hate the way it smells, tastes, it gives me headaches or nausea even outside of pregnancy.. but I am still smoking... I want to quit so bad and never pick back up again.. I picture myself using the time I used to smoke taking care of myself or coloring with my kids... I picture not being sick as much and smelling better. Not having to stop at every rest stop on trips. My kids having more quality time to spend without me craving a cigarette. So you see I have s Harrison mang reasons to quit so why can't i just do it?

14 Replies
sweetplt

Hello and Welcome You have gotten some great advice...do the work ... and quit, your life and your baby’s life depend upon it...we are here for you....Colleen 440 DOF 

Strudel

You CAN do this! I did it after 40 years - so, I know you can! I also like the book Nancy mentioned above - “The Easy Way to Quit Smoking” - that Plus this site with such tremendous support. Stick around! 

Troutnut1

Everyone quits eventually. One way or the other. The only real question is whether you want to have a say in the when, the how, and the exact timing. I’ve helped out on sites like this for over twenty years now, and have been quit myself for almost 19 years. But in all that time I don’t recall having ever been able to talk someone into quitting. Either it doesn’t work that way, or I’m just really bad at it. But I, and my online friends like those here, have helped thousands of people stay quit once they have made the decision. That is easy and even fun. That’s all it really takes you know. A decision to try, coupled with a little inaction. The inaction is not taking that FIRST puff, just for one day. I could never have quit if I had to quit forever. So I didn’t. I am just quit for today. 

Quitting is one of the simplest things there is to do. All we have to do is NOT take that FIRST puff, one day at a time. It’s not always easy. But it is certainly simple. 

If we don’t take that FIRST puff, one day at a time, it is physically impossible to fail. If we don’t take that FIRST puff, just for today, we are absolutely, positively, 100% guaranteed to go to bed as WINNERS. And I love going to bed a WINNER. I bet you will too. But only you can decide when...

Your friend in Montana

Troutnut1-dennis

green1611

Good you have question, Why can't do it? and you said just !

Yes. You can do it. Believe in yourself. JUST believe in yourself, you can do it.

Good number of  stalwarts are here who have experience in quitting. So nice to get connected.

Many nice advices are above posts. Believe in yourself, you can do it.

All the best!

Gai.C

Congratulations for coming here. Make a plan and stick to it. Read everything you can get your hands on.  Decide How u will Quit. NRT Nicotine Replacement or CT Cold Turkey. U are worth it.  I used prayer and patches. I simply gave it to God.