cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

WELCOME!!

There are so many great new members who have finally made the CHOICE to stop smoking! :-} WELCOME! I hope you all take the time to put a bit of profile info on your page so we can get to know you and thus be better able to help you! Please everybody remember that when you type a message on your own message board, you're message will probably get lost because nobody can see you! You can message other members by clicking on their name or avatar! There are also a variety of groups that you can join for more specific needs, for instance I am a member of Living with COPD. You can join as many groups as you like! Please use the BLOGS as much as you feel like it - nobody here gets bored with the subject!!!!! Also, there's virtually always somebody around 24/7 and calls for help get very fast responses - so if you have the urge to slip or cheat - PLEASE BLOG about it First!!!! At least give yourself the chance to be talked out of it! Stay Positive not tentative and READ, READ, READ!!!

My name is Thomas and I have 289 Smoke FREE Days ( that's more than 9 months, folks!) If I can do this You can too! I have not smoked 2890 cigs and guess what? I REALLY DON'T MISS IT ONE BIT! 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
diamond11

Hi I'm Diamond had my last cigg 12:10  1/1/11, i'm using the nic gum , it helps but i have tried this many times before. but didn't know anything about this site. so maybe this time i can hang in there

wow! congrats Thomas that really good.

0 Kudos

Hi Diamond! You'll find that many, many folks have quit longer than I did! They helped me and I'm her to pay forward on their help! Read the Blogs - I just wrote one that suggests a change in language - No more "try" - no more "maybe" - Now is the time to get it done! You CAN do this!

0 Kudos
jenny-c.

Hi I'm Jenny. I had my last cig 27 1/2 hours ago. This is not the first time I've quit,but it will be my last. I'm just looking for a little comfort in seeing those who have gone before me and knowing it's possible!

0 Kudos
pehyslop

My quit date was 1/3/11 - yesterday. I went cold turkey. I am doing okay, but miserable.

I started smoking 24 years ago and tried quitting a lot this last year. The longest quit was 9 months. I want to be smoke-free and I know this is miserable but tomorrow will be a little bit better.

0 Kudos