cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Maltman

Update on my quit

I’ve been snowed in all week here in TN.  The snow is beautiful and has allowed my loves to be home with me this week.  17 days without a puff. I  finally quit after 25 + years.  Yesterday was my 44th Birthday.  I think some people in my life are thinking I’m lying about quitting or they think I’ll start back like I have in the past.  But, this time is different.  I want the rest of my life to be full of self love and not self destruction.  I want to be a good role model.  I have had zero nicotine replacement for the last 3 days.  Im feeling good about my quick detox.  I have detoxed quickly because I didn’t want to go from one substance to another and get stuck.  In the day I feel terrific.  I want to take a walk, breathe deep, feel the sun on my face, and exercise.    It’s harder for me at night, what feels like anxiety makes it hard to breathe deep, and my legs and arms feel like they are cramping or drawing up.  I take baths to help me relax.    I would like to say that zen 3 and then nicotine gum 4mg broken in half to 2mgs got me through something I thought I would never be able to do by myself in two weeks.  I continue to be thankful for this groups support.  

6 Replies
biscuit9

Congratulations on quit day 18, as that is a huge accomplishment.  Of course your friends  think you will start again, but you will prove them wrong.  Maybe at nighttime you can start a relaxing ritual of some sort, to help you get through.  Whether it is meditation or something like that, maybe do some positive reading to get your mind in a more peaceful place.  Sometimes we are busier during the daytime and just want to relax in the evening, and if you smoked to relax, just create some new things to do, that relax you.  You are doing so well, just stay vigilant and use your breathing techniques and distractions during the craves.  You win every day you do not smoke.  You are winning.

Maltman

Thank you! 

0 Kudos
maryfreecig

Congratulations on your quit. Great goals, hang on to them. Quitting smoking as you probably already know is the best thing or your health. Stick with your goals, thanks for sharing. Please update again!

Screenshot 2022-10-30 at 10.05.56 PM.png

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Congratulations on being 17 days smoke free and HAPPY BIRTHDAY🎂 @Maltman 

Quiana, EX Team

EX Community Admin Team
champsin97

Conrats on making it through Hell week and Heck week.  Those are major accomplishments.  Not many who quit even make it through the first week so you're already ahead of the game.  Sounds like you have many good reasons to quit including proving those naysayers wrong.  Kudos to you and stay strong!

On a side note.  I have family in Huntsville, Al. and Ringoggld, Ga.  They have been sending picutres of all the snow.  It's pretty to look at but BURRRR!

McMoney

You got this!!! We're here to cheer you on!  Keep that momentum going. Be proud of your success so far and know that the hard moments do get easier to bear. Keep the quit no matter what!!

McMoney_0-1705699995246.jpeg

- Meriah