cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

GERimiah

So my quit date was two days ago, and I haven't had a dip since then. but I'm finding it increasingly difficult to get by without tobacco especially in the evening after my daughter and wife go to bed.  Any suggestions? 

Sam
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
indingrl

Chew on a cinnamon stick or when a chew crave hits grab a lemon and bite into it peel and all - it busts that tobacco  crave💖

View solution in original post

6 Replies
indingrl

Chew on a cinnamon stick or when a chew crave hits grab a lemon and bite into it peel and all - it busts that tobacco  crave💖

GERimiah

Thanks! I tried the cinnamon stick and so far it is working 

Sam
0 Kudos
Barbscloud

@GERimiah We probably all have our favorites.  I used Sour Patch Kids and chewing on straws.  And don't forget deep breathes and keeping busy.

Good job

Barb

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

@GERimiah  How are you doing?

Barb

0 Kudos
GERimiah

Doing well, no slip ups so far. But man its still a constant battle against the cravings 

Sam
Barbscloud

@GERimiah I know it's hard, but try to change up your mindset.  Remind yourself of why you're doing this and how much better it will be once you're past this stage of journey.

Remind yourself when you have a craving, "I don't do that anymore"   Whenever I entertained the thought of smoking, this really helped me a lot.  It's just way it is.

You're doing great.  Don't forget we're here for you if you need help.

Barb