cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

debi3

Two days in....URGH!

So my name is Debi and I am 31 years old. I am ready to drop this 12 year habit. Your advice and comments are welcomed.
0 Kudos
12 Replies
edith2

When you get a craving, procrastinate. Put if off. Let your attention be drawn to something else. The craving will leave and you'll be stronger. Repeat when the next one shows up. Before you know it, the cravings will be gone and you'll be feeling better. No more coughing. Saving money. You won't stink. You no longer have to let smoking control your life. You'll have the freedom to go anywhere you want and not be stressed over "no smoking sections." Write down all the good reasons for you to quit and for you to keep on smoking. The quit side always wins and the smoking side is always blank.
0 Kudos
andrea30

It's nice to know that being good at procrastination can actually be helpful. I love how you explained how to get over a craving. It makes so much sense.
0 Kudos
polly2

Hi Debi! You landed in an awesome place for support from others!! Having support here has made all the difference in the world for me! There are so many benefits of being a non-smoker, the biggest one is giving yourself back life!! The first few days are rough, but remember that a few days in comparison to the amount of time that you smoked is nothing! Cravings are your bodies way of telling you that you are healing!! Tell yourself that smoking is not an option!! If it is not an option, then there is no need to think about it. Don't over analzye it or dwell on cigarettes. Instead, keep your mind busy and congratulate yourself for being a non-smoker! Give yourself a big atta girl pat on the back and be PROUD!! This is most definitely the road to FREEDOM!! You may want to check out two websites for further reading: www.whyquit.com and www.quitsmokingonline.com both have awesome information. The more information you have, the better off you are. Stay positive and focused!! That will help you as well!! Cravings won't hurt you, but smoking will...
Many congratualtions on your 2 days. If I can be of any more help, please feel free to drop me a post!! Take good care of yourself and keep putting one foot in front of the other, one day at a time!! Way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
0 Kudos