cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

MichelleDiane

Trying to avoid a derailment

Amazing how things can turn around in the span of a minute.  All was going well today.  Busy, not thinking about smoking and when I did it didn't cause any strong reactions.  But in that one minute I wanted to scream.  Of course my director would not have been amused.  I can't really go into what came onto my tracks to disrupt my daily journey, but I will say that I am reaching out to get that object out of the way to avoid a derailment.  I have one more client and then will be alone to drive home through harsh emotions.  I know I am vulnerable, not just because of this, but because I am so new in my quit.  I know in my heart of hearts that I cannot go through another day one.  One thought keeping my feet where they are, aside from having one more client, is that I know if I have even one I will most likely never give up smoking.  This has to be my forever quit.  Thanks for any help.

-Michelle

Tags (1)
26 Replies
MichelleDiane

Taking a deep breath JACKIE1-25-15 and that feels great.  I'm in the day (night now) and am grateful to have another day WON.  This one kicked and screamed a little.

-Michelle

JACKIE1-25-15

YAY!!!!

Daniela2016

MichelleDiane The day is almost over, you made it, you did the right things, you said NO.  You said you wanted to cry?  Please do, crying helped me A LOT in the first months of the quit.  What also helped me, when I had an opportunity for some quiet time, I went on youtube and found a guided meditation clip and used it.  It got me through the next 30min, and placed me in a better state to face the rest of the day.

You are doing wonderful Michelle, and will make it to the 6% club, I just know it, please mark my words.  If you want to talk, please send me a private email, I'd be happy to speak with you tonight, whenever!

0 Kudos
Jennifer-Quit

So happy for you MichelleDiane!  

susan_m

Michelle,

After reading all of the above, I'm so happy to see that you beat it. You stood firm and didn't give up. You stayed in control (even kicking and screaming the whole way) and you did not quit your quit. 

It isn't the number of days that defines a successful quit, but rather it's controlling the dark days that builds the strongest foundation.  

Super proud of you!

Christine13

Wow, Michelle, you are making it through this!  So sorry I wasn't here to help out the other day!  I hope today is going better for you now.

xo

MichelleDiane

Hi Christine13.  It was a rough day the other day, so I just finally went to bed instead of fighting.  I did turn it around and have had two pretty decent days.  I am grateful for that.  Thanks for reaching out.

-Michelle