cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

DanyellWatts

Triggers

I am trying to find somebody who experienced the same things that I am experiencing now like when I am in a vehicle and driving or riding I am tempted to smoke more or tend to smoke more then normal

Tags (1)
13 Replies
sweetplt

I quit smoking in my car about 10 year ago...my hubs hated it...anyways in the beginning it was tough, but I chewed bubble gum, always water bottle in the car, lots of music if I needed to sing, etc., honestly, I couldn’t imagine smoking in a car in years...it is all about changing habits ... smoking for (blank)...Colleen

Barbscloud

I quit smoking in my car years ago also.  Listening to music helped me then .   I'm with elvan‌  since my quit--I still keep the sour patch kids in the car. 

DonnaMarie

Hi there!  For the first 60+ days, I kept cinnamon sticks and Hall's cough drops in the car. I fiddled with the cinnamon sticks with my hands and my mouth, and though I didn't pretend it was a cigarette, it did ask as a cigarette substitute. I popped cough drops all the derned time. 

Now, at day 78, I still have a spice jar of cinnamon sticks in the car and now keep honey drops instead of the minty drops available to me at all times. I haven't reached for a cinnamon stick in a very, very long time.

By the way, I have a jar of cinnamon sticks next to me where I sit to watch TV and work on the computer.

Lastly, I drank a ton of water in the beginning and did deep breathing.

Those are the things that worked for me. I've taken some hour-long trips in the car without smoking and will be driving a three-hour trip soon, again without smoking. I'll keep the cinnamon sticks around just in case. Urges are nasty little boogers. 

Donna

Day 78

indingrl

WELCOME and thanks for sharing. You are NOT alone-  I use to use MY DRUG NICOTINE while driving - smoking like a chimney- so glad I don't DO that anymore- gentle hug.

0 Kudos