cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Trade Offs And Substitutes

You have to learn to replace smoking with different things.

Example:

The Satisfaction Of A Cinnamon Roll Can Be Equaled And Sated By Cinnamon Toast.

Think about that. What you really are craving is the cinnamon taste and some "richness." That's where the butter comes in.  🙂

Now, try to relate that to how you could  or are replacing things in your routine. Changing into a non smoker requires other changes besides not smoking..

That means finding other ways to get satisfaction that you got from smoking.

It takes time for your  acetylcoline receptors to normalize to those of a non smoker.

Screen Shot 02-27-18 at 06.13 PM 001.JPG

(Now, don't think about getting up to make cinnamon toast.)

cinnamon toast.jpg

Onward and Upward.

🙂

26 Replies

Take Oxygen!

0 Kudos

I wish..........She has been so supportive, so maybe she will hold the amount down...I hope she is able to Quit soon. I haven't seen her smoke a whole cigarette in years but lights up often.

0 Kudos
anaussiemom

laughingdog.gif

0 Kudos
Bonnie

Skip the whole bread/roll deal...at least for me, both are really addictive

Chopped apple, plain yogurt, walnuts, cinnamon, and a sprinkling of brown sugar...YUM!!!

anaussiemom

lol

0 Kudos
TessaGrace

Realised as I was sitting on the bus to the lake on this perfect day for a sunny snowy walk that "smoker" me would have probably procrastinated for hours with rollies in the garden and never made it out for this greater pleasure. On the bus home I saw two smokers at the busstop, I observed that despite their cigarettes they did indeed look bored, they also looked sheepish and unsatisfied, I didn't envy them though the edgy feeling was there. 

elvan

Nothing TO envy TessaGrace‌ they want what YOU have!  They don't want to HAVE to smoke...