cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

jennioptimist

Tomorrow is my Quit Day 8/6/17... I need Support :)

Hi Everyone... Tomorrow, August 6 is my quit date... I say that in sort of an Eeyore voice because I hate to admit the amount of times I have tried and failed. I know that mental attitude is a big part of the quit, but I feel angry, embarrassed and somewhat hopeless that I can do it... YET, I want it so badly. Every night I lay my head down I tell myself TODAY is that last day, yet the cycle continues. 

I start a new job in 3 weeks. One I wont be able to do physically if I keep on smoking. Of course I know the other reasons I want to quit, its's just the stupid awful addiction that creeps in and keeps me hostage. I don't want to be a slave to anything anymore, especially something as downright dirty as smoking.

I need help though. Friends to stay accountable too, especially for the first WEEK. That's usually where I am failing.. It seems like when I quit, the anxiety sets in and derails me... I hope you'll take me in  

I have been reading these posts for so long and am so inspired by how nice everyone is, and how understanding ❤️

Tomorrow it is on!

11 Replies
xjamarkx

I'm new here too, and my quit date is the same as yours. 🙂

How are you coming along? I already made an unwise decision, but I get up, dust off, and keep going. Why stop with one setback?

I try to be positive. I had a few ppl on here so far to pull me down a little and make me feel stupid, but I won't judge all because of one. 🙂

Maybe we can be quitting buddies? If you want. 🙂

-Alex

JACKIE1-25-15

pastedImage_1.jpg

0 Kudos