cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

tami2

Today's my first day!

Hi everyone. I'm new here and am hoping this site will be helpful to me., I'm on Zyban and 21 mg nicotine patches. I have quit several times before but have never been able to make it last. I'm feeling very nervous about today even though I've done it so many times I know what to expect! That's what I'm afraid of. I know that I give in so easily on the first day because I figure I can start again tomorrow. I'll get back on tonight to let you know how I'm doing. Any words of encouragement?
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
evie-kasper

Good luck, Tami! I'm right here with you - my quit date was yesterday, June 22 at 2:30 pm. I'm finding that I think about cigarettes CONSTANTLY. I hope this gets better... I'm on the 21 mg patch only. Best of luck to both of us! It will be nice not to depend on cigarettes just to get through the day.
0 Kudos
tami2

Hey! didn't know you had replied to my post when I chose your post to reply to. If you need any help with figuring out the psychology behind this stupid addiction, I think I probably have tried to figure it out more than all the researchers and scientists put together and I probably know more. I am an expert on giving all the inside information and tips to successfully quit smoking (I could write a book) but I just can't do it myself permanantly! I am really ready to try hard this time and I have done well today. I always have to have a plan. My plan this time is the Zyban plus the patches. I started taking the medication about 10 days ago. It actually has not had time to start doing anything yet but I wanted to quit this week. This med takes several weeks to notice a difference. My plan is to do the 21 mg patches for seven days, then the 14 mg for seven days, then 7 mg for a week. By then the meds will have had time to work also. I have committed to doing a 21 day plan complete with total makeover, exercise, eat right, the whole package, and just do it for 21 days. This approach works sometimes, sometimes it's too much all at once but I'm kind of in the mood to do the total self improvement thing. Sorry again for running on. Good luck!
0 Kudos