cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

aakritii92

Today is my first day and I am very frustrated. I have just too many smoking triggers and I cannot get my mind off. :(

Anyone has any suggestions to get me moving?

0 Kudos
34 Replies
IrishRose

You've got to know your enemy, know those triggers, so when you feel them approaching, you will know how to deal with them appropriately, and win another day smokefree!

Irish Rose  

elvan

How are you doing?  Are you feeling any more confidence or strength?  We were not born smoking, there is not reason we should die that way.

Ellen

Barb102

Ellen said it all!

Barbara145

At the beginning of my quit, I framed a picture of myself when I was two years old.  I would look at my picture and say to myself.  I did not smoke then.  I smoked for 52 years.  I could not remember myself not smoking.  It has been almost  5 years since I quit with this wonderful site.  You CAN do this and it is so worth it.

KMC56

Stay close to the site..blog everything you're feeling.  I pretty much went into a zombie zone. EVERYTHING was a trigger..., waking up, driving, taking a break, after cleaning, contemplating a project, accomplishment of a project, sitting on the deck...I purged every drawer & closet in my house, walked around the subdivision,.  Most importantly, i had my tooo box handy...sugar free candy, frozen fruit,blogging, and being proud and miserable at the same time each day I was free.  I am extremely proud to be a non smoker, greatful beyoind for the advice and support I was given...even though I despised this too will pass! 

Hang in ther, stay positive, be smart and enjoy stacking those days of freedom!

~Kathy 840 DOF - 

0 Kudos