cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

aakritii92

Today is my first day and I am very frustrated. I have just too many smoking triggers and I cannot get my mind off. :(

Anyone has any suggestions to get me moving?

0 Kudos
34 Replies
elvan

I spent a great deal of time on this site when I first quit...reading blogs and seeing how others managed, I knew that I could do it if all of those other people could.  It really helped a LOT.  We are here, let us know if there is anything we can do to help you.

Best,

Ellen

0 Kudos
maryfreecig

I'm going to be a broken record about this, but I believe very strongly that when we are in trouble about quitting, it could very well help to video yourself talking about how you feel. Wait an hour, then watch. By viewing ourselves we get a chance to get a little distance--a little perspective.

Many quitters will confirm...everything was a trigger, you are not alone.

Stay smober and go through the process of making a plan (on any Ex page upper right corner, click on my quit plan).

Ex is here everyday for you.

mivida2018

Is been 8 months  since I quit smoking I smoke for 43 years. Is not easy but not imposible find help on the internet. At church a support group. There is a lot of help go to  you tube and find testimonies of people that will help write to them ask for advise how they got there.  I got some candy gum walking talking to people.

jrgar1

Most former nicotine users will say quitting this addiction was the most difficult challenge ever. All will say it was the most rewarding accomplishment. Beware of the powerful patient nature of addiction. The physical withdrawal of the first few days will come and go. Then begins the true battle of and with addiction. The underlying facets of the dis-ease of  addiction will rise up to convince you that using will be the solution to the cravings, frustrations and feelings we have without our drug. The drug is not the solution, but the problem. We must now face the process of conquering the deep rooted addictive behaviors in a completely different frame of mind and find new solutions.  Life will go on without nicotine. Our lives still have cravings, frustrations guilt remorse and many other feelings and emotions. We can live life without our drug and discover things about ourselves we never dreamed possible. Never, Quit  Quitting!  Not One Puff Ever!  All Aboard the Train to FREEDOM!  J.R.

diamond01

Hi, I just want to stay this is great advice, and these are the best family ever for support.

0 Kudos
karenjones

Well, truth be told, the early days are very very tough. That nicotine is a hell of an addiction. I tried to sleep as much as I could the first 3 days. I am day 104 without smoking ciggarettes and what a wonderful freedom. Look at all that money I am saving, my health I am saving, my house does not stink and I have the good feeling of knowing that I am not wasting money ruining my health and I am not worrying about cigarette caused diseases,  or worrying about having to quit smoking, and constantly being aware of how many cigarettes I have in case I need another pack. cigarettes come in packs. I don't have to think of all that stuff that nicotine addicts have to think of all the time. And I don't have to sit around for hours smoking cigarettes,now \i have time to do other things.  Welcome to your new life. Fill in the stats for your quit on your profile. It is interesting to check out your stats from time to time. encouraging. This is a great thing you are doing for yourself.   

0 Kudos
mivida2018

I smoke for 43 years and today is 250 days since I quit. At first it was hard couldn't get my mind off cigarettes. But now is like any other day. I see cigarettes butts everywhere I see people smoking and  it  was really hard at the beginning. But once you get used to and get clean it gets easier. Find something to do that will help call a friend talk about your triggers .I quit Cold Turkey. I hope you get to quit my sister just die  she had COPD she smoke for more then 6 decades and she could never stop now she did but I don't get to see her. Good luck.

My sister is doing to. Now in nursing home. For ever how long she has left

0 Kudos

Meant dying. This phone is frustrating with typos

0 Kudos
freeneasy

It seems overwhelming at first but it's doable. when you do the suggested reading you'll gain confidence and believe you can stop. 

How to Quit Smoking for Good