cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

nancy_o

Today is day 1

Hi everyone. I am new to this website and also have just stopped smoking as today is day 1 for me. It's been tough from time to time today, but my biggest obstacles will be this evening when I'm at home. I guess this will be the real test.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
doreen1

Welcome, Nancy. This is not an easy thing to do, but it can be done. I would like to direct you to a post where I answered a question from another member about the first four weeks of quitting smoking. The First Four Weeks is a basic description of what to expect.

There are a lot of groups here that can help you maintain your freedom from smoking. One of my groups is (QPC) Quit Party Central - Celebrating our Milestones which is pretty self explanatory. No amount of time smoke free is too small or too big. We love to celebrate with each other and encourage each other along this journey.

The other group I started Reason Why I Quit as a place to write down not only your reasons for quitting, but to possibly help others to relate to your particular story in the hopes that it will help them to quit as well.

Hang in there. You can do this. Holler if you need me 🙂
0 Kudos