cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Gus-Gus-DC

Today I will have my last cigarette!

Today’s my final day of smoking. I am both excited and really scared. Any advice from those of you have been successful?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
18 Replies
Barbscloud

@Gus-Gus-DC Forgot there are also some games to play.  Some are participated in more than others, but they can be a nice distraction   Just look under GAMES on the home page.

Gus-Gus-DC

Thank you!

Taraysa

Hello,

Hold on and fight for your quit day and every day afterward to keep going up! It is tough but well worth the pain you will feel. A straw in your hand with your first cup of coffee comes to mind and realize that it not stimulating you like the nicotine you used before, but much more healthy!!

Gus-Gus-DC

Thank you @Taraysa !

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

@Gus-Gus-DC Good morning.  How is it going with the coffee?

Barb

Gus-Gus-DC

Thanks for checking in! So far it’s going okay! Really appreciate this community. 

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

@Gus-Gus-DC Happy to hear that.  Glad we can help.  Stay close

Have a great day.

Barb

0 Kudos
Kimshine

@Gus-Gus-DC Welcome to Ex and congratulations on your decision to quit! This is a very helpful community and we have all been where you are. 

In the very beginning of my quit, I tried to be on the site as much as possible and I would search things in the search bar. Sometimes I didn't even search anything specific. I would just type in a word like dog or help or refrigerator, something always comes up and I would read blogs to help me through craves. There's always something to take away.

You can do this. I made a commitment to myself to be uncomfortable for as long as it takes. The psychological part of quitting has been very difficult for me. We all have a different experience. Best wishes!

Gus-Gus-DC

@Kimshine Thank you for the encouragement and advice!