cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

MichelleDiane

Time off for good behavior

On my way to work today I had the strangest thought.  Yes it was thoughts related to smoking, but not in a way that I wanted one.  When prisoners get time off for good behavior they earn their freedom, so why is it that when we quit smoking we (not everyone.  Speaking really for myself, but it may apply to more than me) want just one knowing that we are going to become prisoners.  Dialogue usually goes "I've done so good one won't hurt".  We all know how that one ends, yet the the irrational part of us is saying "I've been so good that I can give myself time off for good behavior"  Prisoners are dying to get out of jail and we are just dying when we smoke.  Just a thought.

21 Replies
Sootie

MichelleDiane‌  Never apologize for honest thoughts which hurt no one.....they are interesting and good for discussion. And you never know who your words may be helping.

It is strange isn't it that as addicts we see "smoking" as a reward...........................for being such a good quitter! Who can figure the mind of an addict??

Stay Strong.

MichelleDiane

Thanks Sootie.

0 Kudos