cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

indingrl

Thoughts emotional

Just wonder IF anyone can relay to the thoughts so over extremely emotional it sends ME right to find release or comfort or escape from the pressing emotional chaos all created in MY mind just because I gained weight or because someone disagrees with ME and to sit and breathe to deal responsibly I seemed to rush head on to quite MY thoughts of emotions BEFORE I react NOT respond to person place situation I STUFF MY FACE.... what do y'all do to grown up in this thinking emotional area for a healthy solution? Just wondered if any has this problem of immaturity?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
elvan

I would be really surprised if any addict did not have that same reaction.  We stopped really developing emotionally when we started whatever our drug of choice was...mine was nicotine.  I could shove down almost any emotion with nicotine, I didn't have to try to deal with things in an adult manner, I could ignore things and smoke my body and lungs away.  What do I do NOW...I take deep breaths and let them out very slowly...I blow the negative feelings away, I inhale and I think about what I am feeling and why.  We grow in so many ways when we allow ourselves to FEEL as we were always supposed to do.  We are learning how to feel things that others learned when they were young...remember, they had to learn one experience at a time too, they were just younger and had no expectations.  We stunted our emotional growth and now it is time to embrace it.

indingrl

Thanks I am so glad I am

not alone

0 Kudos
Barbara145

Sorry you are feeling very emotional and negative. The holidays kind of make it worse.  Try changing your thoughts and it will change your feelings.  The Bible says, "  Whatever is excellent whatever is praise worthy, think about these things."  Feel better Diane Joy : )  I will say a prayer for you.  

indingrl

Thanks I am so glad you used to be like me and you have the solution that you live Barbara and I appreciate the prayers for me all in love joy peace and HOORAY FOR JESUS in you!

0 Kudos
indingrl

My thoughts of many emotions often come from old life thought patterns that started the first time I used nicotine age FOUR... my granny had me and my sister age FIVE take a coffee can and go walk in the streets to find cigarette butts and put them in this coffee can and then bring them back to her... then she would take one by one get all tobacco out of them get a huge pile and roll her own ... I grew up on REZ and this was just ONE wicked thing I learned to do as a little woman I was never a child..... I have less thoughts of emotional victim hood now and I am so grateful for ALL recovery groups I attended a lot still today thoughts over emotional do NOT send me to use nicotine over any only by Gods grace  ✝️

0 Kudos
elvan

Diane Joy, you are a wonder, seriously, your childhood was so difficult and here you are, loving and helping others in ways that most people who have much more would never consider.  You are always in my prayers and my prayers get me through every hour of every day.  I wish I could reach through this computer and just hug you and rock you in my lap as you should have been rocked as a child. Your story humbles me.

Love,

Ellen

0 Kudos
indingrl

Awe tears of comfort fill my eyes you Ellen take my breathe away with your love that helps me to breathe deeply to experience being lavished by Gods true love you Ellen I have no words to express the beauty you give my child in me to rise up and receive your love and gesture of a loving mom for me to make me mature and one now as women together stay quit and loving each other to rise in strength together to help anyone who is suffering today one day at a time      ✝️

0 Kudos