cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

WillWybierala

This site does not work

Sorry to say this is the BS site because it’s a computerized system and it’s not a person-to-person. how does a computer know how it is to try to quit smoking. Here’s an answer it doesn’t

66 Replies
Thovis

I agree.  I'm not one to yell or fight with someone, but I admit that I will beat them to death with calm intellectual conversation.  My wife pointed out that my sarcasm is hilarious as long as it's not directed at her.  I've made a conscious effort to be nice this time.  So I have these conversations with myself while driving.  haha    

Sootie

OMG!!!! My husband says the EXACT same thing about me!!!!

avian3

I don't have to close my eyes. The first day, weeks, months and year are as fresh in my mind as when I was going through them. Quitting smoking was the most difficult thing I ever did and of which I am the most proud. Just as many others, I had many stressful situations come up the first few weeks but I stayed strong.  What I found odd was when I was 6 months quit I nearly went out and purchased cigarettes because I had the biggest urge to smoke since the day I quit, all because I couldn't find the remote control to the TV. It was over the most ridiculous thing.

Also, even though I was angry and felt like insulting people on the forum because I was going through withdrawals that first year, I never typed the words out. I tried to remember every person was there for one reason and that was to help me and others quit smoking. I am forever grateful to each and everyone for giving their time. I am also grateful to these people on this forum for taking the time to help those trying to overcome this nasty addiction.

And I truly do wish you happiness.

67oldbabe

I admire your dedication and your self control. I guess some people are better than others at handling a challenging situation. I read and gain strength from this forum everyday. But, I do like to voice my opinions - from now on I will voice them in my head so that I do not offend the close knit community.

tuckeww

Keep in mind that you have earned the right to voice yourself , (just keeping it real) if someone can easily influence

others to believe in their point of view just based on who they are they usually will. So instead of being concern so.

focus more on listening.(to our selves be true).

TriGirl

I'm happy to see you stuck around 67oldbabe‌ and I am a big fan of your humor. (Oscar acceptance speeches-- I see the relation )

Two months:

Barbscloud

I'm glad someone is laughing.  Personally I don't like being labeled.  Her description of members of this community doesn't describe me at all.

Barb

Barbara145

No compensation from Mayo Clinic, I wish

marciem

Congratulations on your two month quit, 67oldbabe‌ !!  I'm really and truly happy to read that this site, for all its perceived faults (by you) has helped you get quit and get a very good start on your life-long journey of smoke freedom!!

I might just comment... if you're not part of the solution, you could be part of the problem.

I don't see in your content any supportive (of quits) posts, or helpful comments about quitting, or any sharing of your experiences, good and/or bad.  I might suggest going forward that you lend your hand to newer quitters, both to help them and to solidify your own quit.

Who knows?  You might become one of the Top 11 !! posters   .