cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

This is the time of year for?

• Cheese popcorn
  • Buying a new computer (I'm not buying this year but around the end of November is the best time of the year.)

(PS I bought the ingredients for Aunt Minnie's Cookies yesterday)

17 Replies
elvan

Ohhhhh, Aunt Minnie's cookies.  I haven't even thought about Christmas baking yet, it sort of terrifies me this year, I have no idea why.

I didn't realize the end of November is the best time to buy computers...I cannot ever figure out the best time to buy ANYTHING.  

This is the time of year to spend an entire day in pajamas...warm, fuzzy ones...the day after working.

0 Kudos

Aunt Minnie's cookies are supposed to age in a storage container for a month with a couple of orange halves to  soften up

0 Kudos
elvan

Thanks for the link...oh, this is the time of year for Real Estate Taxes here so I may be bald by the end of November...hard to think of anything else.

0 Kudos

I actually bought a laptop three years ago because I thought mine was going to fail. I didn't even unpack it for a year. It's the one I'm using now. I always try to buy the last thing before the newest thing came out. That way you're good for a few years.

ShawnP

how hard are they if they need to take a month to soften up?  are they like a biscotti?

0 Kudos

no they're "break your teeth" hard.

Now I remember when I was younger (and we made these every year) where they were really hard , and, not crumbly like a biscuit when first made..

The ones I made last year weren't that way at all.

I had an Idea the molasses and brown sugar were activated into a "super rock" stage.

You bury them in confectioners sugar so they keep at least a couple months anyway.

0 Kudos
ShawnP

Oh wow. No, need to keep my teeth. Cant lose them now

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

0 Kudos
Giulia

A Shawn siting oh boy!  Hope all is good in your smoke-free world!

0 Kudos