cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Giulia

The Meeting Place 1/31/17

Anybody up at this hour 1:10  am Eastern Time?  Or am I alone here Jiving by m'self?  Just an FYI.  I intended to put in the tag reference: the meeting place 1/31/17 (to make it easier for people to find this place when searching with the magnifying glass) and it would not accept the tag with the forward slash.  I think because the forward slash / is a recognizable code function for many programs and it screws things up.  (sorry, if my typing is way off here, it's because of the cataract surgery I had, and not due to idiocy.) So I think we should change the "name" of this place to "the meeting place (current date expressed like 1.31.17  - i.e. instead of  forward slashes, use periods between the day/month/year denotations.  Terrie - are you PAYING ATTENTION HERE?  lol  

OK, since this was my idea I GET TO SET THE PARAMETERS! (well until somebody else comes up with a better idea )  So.  When you post the new meeting place - whomever gets here first after midnight (like me, tonight)  put it in as follows:  the meeting place 1.31.17 with the date being the current date.  OK?  I would suggest including the word THE, rather than simply "meeting place"  because the "the" will separate it in the search function from "meeting" or "meeting place" - tags that others may put that are not at all related to this blog 

The important part of this is setting up a consistency as to how we all do it.  For I believe this perhaps can be, will  be the new meeting place until we find another one, which may serve our purposes better.  

So welcome to today's Meeting Place - whomever is here.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
69 Replies
TerrieQuit

hahaha!

0 Kudos
nanawendy

Good Morning My EX family. I am slowly finding my way on our new and "improved" site.  The daily Meeting Place is a great. Hopefully someone new and needing help will be able to find it.Everyone have a great smoke free day

keep calm and carry on

Wendy

12/31/12

0 Kudos
Lauralives

1/31/17 8:30 am  Good Morning Everyone and thank you for sharing.  I'm on Day 2 and just want to thank everyone for the support!!  Lauralives

tjanddj

What a nice place to come to say hello. Good morning! About to get ready to get back out on the road again. It would probably make more sense for me to move closer to the big city instead of spending hours on the road in travel time but I just can't give up being able to come home to the peace and quiet of paradise after spending hours in the madness of the freeway and the big cities. Have a good day! Enjoy the journey of the quit! 

0 Kudos
freeneasy

Hey G, how come nobody does the Google hangouts anymore?  I have some new tighty whiteys  to show off ('

0 Kudos
Giulia

JIM!!!!!   If you do I'll be there!!!    On the floor, once again!  You're the gift that keeps on giving!!

Crying Laughter emoticon (Laughing Emoticons)

0 Kudos
TerrieQuit

wouldn't miss it for the world! hahaha!

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Now that one got a good laugh out of me @freeneasy!

Mark

On Tue, Jan 31, 2017 at 10:38 AM freeneasy <communityadmin@becomeanex.org>

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
Mandolinrain

Good Morning everyone. Starting to get a little better with the new format. Home sick today but not smoking over it. I remember, ai even used to smoke when I was sick....

which made everything worse. Yuk!

love to all

0 Kudos
Lauralives

I know Mandolinrain.  I smoked when I was sick too and realized what this addiction could convince me to do.  I also realized what a selfish addict I had become.  Smoking was at the top of what I needed to do.  Before I left the house, took the dog out, picked up a grandchild from school.  I started to really hate it while at the same time it was loving me to death.  Thanks Mandolinrain!

0 Kudos