cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

amber

The EasyWay to Stop Smoking

I am new to this whole thing, but my doctor today recommended a book and I can't put it down. It's called the EasyWay to Stop Smoking by Allen Carr. After hours of reading and not being able to put it down I've made the decision to finally quit smoking. I've tried 2 attempts before and relapsed; this time I am going to make it stick. I've tried the Chantix, Zyban, the gum, the timing method and none seemed to work. Now, more than ever after reading this book (which I still have 3/4's to go) I have this motivation to do something completely different this time. It's not that I enjoy smoking at all.... it's become this "little monster" that wants to be fed as Allen Carr describes in this book.
0 Kudos
6 Replies
manofsteele

3 r's still work even on here ....

reading - read all u can here and on similar sites

riting --- write posts ... ask questions ..... create blogs diaries

rithmatic --- start adding up those smoke free days

want some additional reading or viewing material check out some groups that my smoke free friends hang out

4 + years smoke free and luving it ..... so can u !
0 Kudos
pat25

I never heard of that book before. Where did you get it, and is it expensive?
0 Kudos

There's a group called Allen Carr
0 Kudos
jennie3

I know a little bit of his writing I am glad you made it here and are quitting!!! Stay strong and positive!
0 Kudos
les

That book made my quit so much easier. I read it 3 days into my quit and it was the best thing I could have done. It really changed my perspective about my quit. I'm on Day 28 and going strong!
0 Kudos
jacquel

I just started listening to Allen Carr yesterday and I think it is awesome...I am on a target to quit by FEB 28th and already this mans words are making me want to change my quit date soooner!!!!
0 Kudos