cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

julie46

The Big Quit - April 15th

Excited about quitting!! My work has started a quit bet for all the smokers in the office... Sooooo, Tuesday i am hoping is the start of something good in the office.. For the last week my patch has followed me around at work, but it has been hard since nobody else is quitting yet... so tuesday maybe there will be a lot of people supporting each other... sounds like a good plan to me
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
julie46

Thanks Val!! Good luck too you as well.. Honestly i have tried to quit with others in the past in similiar situations and it didnt work to well... I do know that you have to want to quit for yourself.. I just hope that the success rate will be a little higher since there are so many willing to participate.. I had decided to quit before this even came up.

More than anything i want to knock this nasty habit out of the way once and for all!! Will remember what you have said.

Thanks again!!! We can do it!!
0 Kudos
julie46

Thank You!! 🙂
0 Kudos
aaron10

How are you going to quit? Are you planning on quitting with the help of the become an ex plan? My quit date is on the 15th too. I figured why not do it on tax day 😉 I've found it easier to track my triggers through the quit plan on the becomeanex.org site. I'm curious how other people are doing it?
0 Kudos
bobrickert

I am also in a quit group at work. There is 6 of us in it.
Cold turkey for us but I have to do it.
And I will!!!!!!!!!!!!!
0 Kudos
julie46

I have tried many ways.. cold turkey never worked well for me.. The patch helped me quit one time for 6 months., wellbutrin gave me terrible nightmares... chantix left me feeling very drugged - i had a very hard time concentrating which is never good, so i stopped that after 3 weeks. This time i am using the excercises from the becomeanex site, i have been tracking my triggers, and now am trying the seperation exercises.. i find these really helpful because i am making myself aware each time i smoke instead of just grabbing the smoke without even thinking. I am going to use the 2nd step patch along with a gum for the bad pangs.. Have you decided on using a med to help you or are you going cold turkey? We can do it!!!
0 Kudos
julie46

Awesome!! you can do it! When is your quit date?
0 Kudos
bobrickert

my quit date is 1 week from today.
l know it will be hard but i have to do it
0 Kudos
kayle

My quit date was the 15th. I am on my second day. I said if i could get past the first day i could get past all the rest. (I hope). I hope you are also doing well on your second day. Let me know
0 Kudos
julie46

Doing fairly well.. going on 74 hours now.. hopefully it will start getting easier soon. This morning i poured applejuice in my cereal bowl instead of cereal.. made me laugh.. How are you doing now? Keep up the good work!!
0 Kudos