Give and get support around quitting

sandra17

Successful EXers

Finally! I'm an EX 🙂
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
285 Replies
patty3

Elaine. Like Linda said. One hour at a time.

What helps me is Lots of water and walking. Turn on the Ipod and just walk and walk as fast as you can. Tires you out and makes you not want a cigarette. After walking I don't even think of a cigarette for several hours.

Today is 2 weeks for me without a cigarette.
0 Kudos
mary55

Hi Everyone,
  Maymee.............did you take any meds to quit smoking. Congratulations!
  Cinda............Welcome and continue to remain smoke free.
0 Kudos
maymee26

I actually got really lucky. No medication at all. I woke up one morning not feeling well and decided to go back to sleep instead of out for a smoke, and I never went back. It was hard, but got easier day by day, month by month, and now hopefully year by year.
0 Kudos
mary55

Wow Maymee............Fantastic. I am taking Chantix and have been smoke free since Feb. 8th, but I still do think of it, but will not smoke and now can't afford too..lol. Take care of yourself and keep up the great work and keep posting here. We need people like you.
0 Kudos
michelle63

congrats to you all! You are all warriors and you inspire me to stay nicotine free. 104 days and counting..........I struggle with the oral fixation, indulging in sweets too often. I am goaling to walking several times a week now and evetually want to return to running....just loving being an EX!!
0 Kudos
linda53

morning all red day 2 was the toughest for me just keep focused on your quit read the relapse page it might help you to avoid a snare peace and love from ar.
0 Kudos
cinda-wilson

1 Month for me today! Yippee!
0 Kudos
michelle63

having a really hard emotional day...........past demons haunting me. someone hurt me verbally......thinking about cigarettes...........but can't (WON'T) smoke. I am thankful for this site it's keeping me focused...........keep up the good work people!!
0 Kudos
patty3

Michelle,

Stay strong! Cigarettes will just make it worse.

Happy Easter.
0 Kudos
mary55

Hi Lori, you will do it and you can! Stay strong! Keep posting!! Happy Easter!
0 Kudos