cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Daniela2016

Strong, stale tobacco smell?

This morning I had to drive a couple of hours, back and forth to the Endocrinologist.

It is that time of the year in AZ when the AC has to be on in the car at pretty much every time of the day.

The car I drive is over 17 years old, and had suffered my smoking abuse for 15 years before I quit.

The smell seems to be related to the AC, the car no longer smells like tobacco.  But since this morning, wherever I am, it seems I smell the same stale, disgusting old tobacco smell.  I smelled it in the Dr's office, at the grocery store, and now in the house, trying to concentrate on my work, and not being able to. I even sprayed some of good perfume on me, in the hopes it will go away.

Should I be concerned?

Is something happening in my lungs, trachea, causing it?

Any of you experienced it?

Or is it just the memories of smoking creating "real" sensations, and I should try to ignore it, let it go, let it go, let it go???

Daniela 825 DOF

14 Replies
Daniela2016

Thank you Jennifer, I am good, and I enjoyed very much the pictures you guys posted on facebook of the cruise.  So very happy you had such wonderful time!

0 Kudos
elvan

I agree, it is the car.  When we first turned ours on, the smell of mildew was overpowering.  I honestly do not know what my husband did but it's gone now.  I HATE that smell but not anywhere NEAR as much as stale tobacco.

Hope all went well with the endocrinologist.

Love,

Ellen

0 Kudos
Daniela2016

Thank you Ellen, I sent you a longer story about the result, but overall it was ok.  I hope you have recovered from the day at work and that your pain level had decreased significantly!!!

Hugs!

Christine13

Every now and then I think I smell smoke in the house or in my bedroom.  No one has smoked in this house for 16 years.  Last night when it was storming and raining, I could smell it again, but we are attached to another house and they smoke in theirs.

I'm glad your sniffing coffee and veggies helped.

xo

0 Kudos
DeAuto10

I stayed with some friends who were both chain smokers there was no where in the house I could go and get away from the smell. That's actually when I knew I had to quit, the smell got into all my clean clothes, bedding, towels it was not good. I never smoked in my house, but my car stinks. The car is on my list for a good cleansing.