cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Quiltinglady

Stressful day need help don't want to slip today.

Need help today. Trying not to slip.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
16 Replies
desiree465

Tell us what's going through your head. Are you having cravings? Is it a stressful day? If so talk about it. How many days in are you? What day are you on? And what is your plan for when cravings or stress hit?

0 Kudos

Hang in there.  Take deep breaths, drink some ice water, go for a walk. Remember the reasons why you have quit. You do not want to start back at day 1.  How many days are you?  Stay tough!

0 Kudos
Quiltinglady

Thank you. I am on day 4. Looked over my quit plan, had a bottle of water, grabbed my straw cigg. it's passing. Thank you for your encouragement.

Well Congrats on Day 4!!!  You should ride the freedom train with us! https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/thread/18048-all-aboard-freedom-train-050418   Hop on and celebrate!  You are doing great.  You did exactly as you should and blogged for help. It will get easier.  I promise!

0 Kudos
Quiltinglady

Thank you! Wirking my way through it.

0 Kudos
Barb102

Hang in there. Get busy It will pass and if you are not dwelling on it , then it passes more quickly. Don’t give in you can do this. I promise it will get better. Stay on site read everting you can. Remember NOPE. Not one puff ever

we are all here for you. Go take the pledge with us. It will help you stay strong

Barb

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

Just chiming in to add my support.   You did the right thing to blog when you needed help; not when it's too late.  Like stated earlier, stay on the site and read to reinforce your quit.  I really helps me to get through a rough moment.     

0 Kudos
tessoshea

Hi. today is my quit day and I have been so happy til now.  For the last 20 minutes all I can think about is you know what. I came here, read something, looked at everything red and blue at my work and am chewing furiously on a straw.  It's a little monster inside trying to convince you to have just that one. I keep repeating the reasons why I quit. I know that ONE DAY will change everything. It's just one day. I'm thinking about it too much! Thank you all!

tessoshea‌  Congrats on your first day!  I see you have done your reading. One minute, one hour, one day at a time.  

0 Kudos