cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

erica2

Stopping today!

So, after a decade of relying on cigarettes to get me through my days, I've decided to make my father's birthday my quit date. I've done the preparations, and I still feel unprepared. I have so many people supporting me, but none of them have ever been smokers! But my 4 year old needs someone who is a good role model. I quit smoking during my pregnancy, but I started again when Jude was a couple of months old... I think I used it as an excuse to have a moment's peace (sounds pretty selfish now). I thought a community of people doing the same thing would be helpful... so here it goes!
0 Kudos
2 Replies
annie17

I am a mother of 2 (3yrs. and 1yr.) and I'm quiting for the first time..(and hopefully the last) ...I totally get where your coming from on the issue of all the support but no one who's acctually done it... I kinda have the same issue. I've found this site to be very helpful. Even if you don't talk to anyone but just read the stories and blogs of others. I think it's a great support tool. Whenever I feel like I need to smoke for any reason, I just get on here and see that I don't need to, I CAN DO THIS!! Just like anyone else can, I CAN!! And YOU CAN to!! Have faith in yourself, you can do it!!
0 Kudos
erica2

Hi Annie! Thanks for the kind thoughts... I haven't smoked for 11 days now, and I still feel ok. I spent the first week constantly telling myself no! I think we're on the right track. I feel like a better person, a better mom. My son is very excited about it (probably because his grandpa is so excited), so that helps:) Good luck!
0 Kudos