cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

cinquecento

Stay Strong!

Hello ex's....I just celebrated by one year anniversary this weekend of being SMOKE FREE. It was a rocky few months at the beginning but it got easier and easier. Hang in there. If I can quit everyone can do it! I LOVED smoking and was at it for many many years. I would recommend that you all reward yourselves when you reach certain milestones.. like one month, six months, etc. This past weekend I bought myself a Camaro as a reward for making it to a year. What will you give yourself? (besides healthy lungs).

0 Kudos
5 Replies

Find out more at the BLOGS! That's where long term quitters hang out and share their SUCCESS PLANS!

0 Kudos
stop6

Congradulations Thomas!! thanks for still hanging around and encouraging us newbies. I smoked for 30+ years but am done 'buying the expensives lies that it satisfys, or that I can have "just one'  Pretty ridiculous that i fooled myself into believing i was 'trying to quit' for how many YEARS?  This site helped motivate me to say NO MORE>>>EVER so here I go!!

0 Kudos
bella27

OK, here we go.....My QUIT DATE:  10/12/2010.  I strayed and had one last week.  Feel guilty, but HAVE NOT HAD ANY since....

I have smoked for 30 yrs plus....Very Loyal here....Now, I want to be loyal to me.  NO MORE SMOKING~ But, very hard.  Cried all weekend.  My boyfriend is quitting with me...He just sleeps it off.  I try that, but wake up more depressed, feel like I am wasting time.....One of the most difficult things I am going thru....Look forward to better days ahead.

0 Kudos
Angie-Lah

Congratulations to you! That is truly an amazing accomplishment! And a great reward 😉 My reward to me for hitting each milestone is my 3-4 miles runs every other day. It's a great feeling being able to take that deep breath half way through a run and not feeling like your lungs are coming out of your chest 🙂

0 Kudos
tree4

Congrats & WTG !!! ur my hero i stopped 6 weeks ago but i must fess up. im on this site for commarades 'cause i fell off the wagon this week  & smoked 3 lousy cigarettes i feel like CRAP im very upset & mostly disappionted in myself ! now its like the 6 weeks didnt count & i have to start over again  

Funny thing is i did not crave a smoke til last week i didnt even think of it & loved telling  others i quit.........dont know what triggered it all i know is im beating myself up now for it .....& want this to stop forever im smoking over 35 yrs..... 

not smoking at work was hardest, im a NYC hairstylist & would go out to smoke btwn clients or when i needed( not w client in chair tho) HELP  HELP HELP i dont wanna cheat again its worse than anything  to cheat on yourself..guilt guilt omg but i will come on here daily to get support WTG quitters im back on the boat again!!

Thanks for letting me vent here ! Trish of NYC

0 Kudos