cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

navyharley883

Starting the journey for real this time! I will quit!

Hey everyone! My name is Mark. I'm 26 and have been smoking for 12 years. I've tried to quit a few times in the past, obviously not successfully. The one time I got close I used the patch which actually worked quite well. I would just chew Dentyne Ice almost all day to give my mouth something to do. What became my shortfall was pretty much the only break during the day was if you smoked. So I gradually fell back in. I'm a widowed father and love to play sports. I'm tired of being out of breath doing the things I used to do with ease. I also want to eliminate at least one more thing that could take me away from my kids. They've lost one parent already. My worst triggers are after I eat, when I'm ticked off, drinking, and being bored. So I may be on time to time just to vent about something so I can avoid smoking up a storm.  See ya'll around!

Mark

0 Kudos
2 Replies
being

Great to hear that you are doing it for your kids and your self.

"My worst triggers are after I eat, when I'm ticked off, drinking, and being bored."

I hear ya, especially on drinking. Tried not smoking when I was with my buddies drinking, but never failed to light up a new one.

I used to work out and quit when I started smoking, felt like it was selfdefeating and I wouldn't gain much muscle. Want to give myself two weeks and get back into it.

0 Kudos
ttapex2010

BE Strong, Im 24 and have smoked for 8 years.  I am on Day 3 not much to account for but still three days smoke free- but this site with all the encouragement I am recieving, It makes it so much easier and I am proud of myself! I am not goign to fall down this time.

0 Kudos