cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

magnolia32

I need support this time!

This must be the 10th time AT LEAST that I've tried to quit smoking and I joined this site because I think I'd be more successful if I had a support network! So I quit TODAY and the cravings are HORRENDOUS!!!

Wish my boyfriend was more supportive....we live together and every time I quit smoking he doesn't even ask how I'm doing! It's like he's so oblivious to how difficult it is! He doesn't smoke and never has but EVERYONE knows quitting smoking is right up there with quitting heroin! 

So I'll be on here a lot asking for all you recent ex-smokers who are in the same boat as me to help cheer me on....and of course I'll do the same for you!

THANKS EVERYONE and may we all be successful in becoming an EX!!!

Cheryl

0 Kudos
5 Replies
doctor_j

Hi Cheryl,

Congratulations for hanging in there!  I have been smoke free for 2 weeks and 3 days now.  I also need all the support I can get.  My husband still smokes and never inquire as to how I am doing.  I quit 12 years ago and stayed smoke free for 8 years before I started again.  During that time my husband never quit.  This time I think I wll make it, but I'm taking it one day at a time.

The worst part for me is the eating. Most of the time I'm not hungry but I eat anyway.  I have started walking and/or riding my bike daily for 1 hour hoping that will help keep the pounds off.  At any rate, wanted you to know I'm in the boat with you and all the rest. 

Let's do this!

June

0 Kudos
vintage1

cheryl

thanks for sharing
your story could be mine

i am 17 days out and i think my success this time has to do with making it important to me and not anyone else

yeah i know that's a nice thought but it's what i'm clinging to this time

0 Kudos
marie23

HI and welcome if you are looking for support you will find plenty of it here. That will be the easy part. 17 days is great. Hang in there make yourself at home and guard you quit with your life. Don't worry about what anyone else does or does not say. I think it is hard for our loved ones to really understand or truely believe us when we have multiple quit. But we know that is very common. Do it for you and we will be here to cheer you on and celebrate your success.

0 Kudos
aquaizes

Of course your boyfriend doesn't understand. He doesn't smoke. Ask him to be more supportive. Ask him to be more involved! and of course, you have us. Keep up the great work and remember, This is for you. YOU will do this and YOU will benifit. YOU are the leader of your life. Go out there and enjoy it! Enjoy being smoke free! You are now Free!!!!!

0 Kudos
bobi

Cheryl, Hi... I read you blog.  As everyone else said to you- you have to do this for yourself and no one else.  SMOKING IS EASY -AND NOT SMOKING IS HARD AT THIS TIME IN YOU LIFE.  so choose the hard route.. and then it will be easy to breath and run and play...

Blees you cheryl

Bobi

ps. I am on my 3rd day...

0 Kudos